• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

DJI Phantom RTF

ibo

Will give this setup a go,my last vid had jello just like watching a speaker bounce with loads of base :xd:

Wow have just bench tested the Fatshark FPV Dominater setup cant wiat now to get it on the Phantom,very impressed :thumbsup:

How are flight times with all the added gear ??

I'm getting 7 mins and my quads totally stock, I heard the prop/motor protector kit can knock upto 2 minutes off flight times alone :lol:

That's the phantoms biggest downfall, restricted battery size :(

How are flight times with all the added gear ??

I'm getting 7 mins and my quads totally stock, I heard the prop/motor protector kit can knock upto 2 minutes off flight times alone :lol:

That's the phantoms biggest downfall, restricted battery size :(

I get 7-8 mins on mine with Gopro ( no case ) and FPV set up :-/

Think I'm gonna look selling the second Phantom and buying a kit I can stick a bigger lipo to :-) might even go for the same as outlaw but with Naza :-)

Only just got my phantom so it's only done a few laps of the garden so far :) will have to time mine I guess :good:

Your brave with yours though heb :lol: my red lights start flashing at around 6 mins, it'd probably last another minute or two but after my fly away I like to air caution :lol:

Outlaws just sold his tbs discoveries quad with all the fpv kit, he's only got the spidex now and it's not ready to fly :( he's got no radio gear.

Not sure about times, never realy timed it yet,but defo will do now,I always take six batterys with me when I do fly,might have to put stock skids back on if I have to loose a bit of weight..

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any ideas guys ?

Center your left stick as opposed to left to right,bring both sticks downwards to center,try that.

Have you found out what the problem is with ya Phantom RC4ever???

Center your left stick as opposed to left to right,bring both sticks downwards to center,try that.

Nope still no joy lads :( tried the sticks in every position possible.

I just don't get it, I fly it around perfectly, land it and put it away and then this happens :(

It could be a flight controller problem, I had a similar problem after a small bump.

After contacting dji they gave me instructions to strip it down and give the flight controller box a short but powerful bang on a certain side, one of the sensors becomes jammed and the bang frees it up, mines flew perfectly since.

Iirc there is actually instructions how to do it on the dji website, it's a common fault but easily fixed.

Edit linky--- http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1774685&page=818

Edited by Toxic Basher
  • Like 1

It could be a flight controller problem, I had a similar problem after a small bump.

After contacting dji they gave me instructions to strip it down and give the flight controller box a short but powerful bang on a certain side, one of the sensors becomes jammed and the bang frees it up, mines flew perfectly since.

Iirc there is actually instructions how to do it on the dji website, it's a common fault but easily fixed.

Edit linky--- http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1774685&page=818

OOOOOOOOOOOW this sound promising :D going to give this a try tomorrow :good: 

Thanks buddy 

Just to step back a few pages are we saying that the phantom isn't suitable for a beginner?

They are very easy to fly but i would suggest getting something like the hubsan x4 first, ones you can fly that like a pro then the phantom will be super easy.  

What i was intending to do is get up with the GoPro attached and take aerial photos of buildings. No fancy flying or anything, the phantom would appear to be ideal for that kind of use.

There are cheaper quads out there that will do the same job mate, hobbyking have a few.

• 1 month later...

Just joined after reading through this whole thread. Some really good tips in here so thanks for that :)

Update to tracking / location. 

yes guys i can help. i have a unit in mind. some specs

gps gprs gsm locator tracker realtime

500-800mah 3.7v li-ion battery 

12 days active running standby mode. ( means we get 12 days to find the machine)

dial the device from phone. device reply's with LONG AND LATT 

enter into a mapping service ( bing google) via your PC or laptop /smartphone 

and you find your product.

device has a 5-10 metre resolution

ok price: i seen this for around

• 2 months later...

Well after months of putting it off i finally got the phantom out to try and get it going again. 

Took it all apart, tested voltages, updated firmware, unplugged it, turned it all on and low and behold

BLOODY NOTHING !!!!

Well after months of putting it off i finally got the phantom out to try and get it going again.

Took it all apart, tested voltages, updated firmware, unplugged it, turned it all on and low and behold

BLOODY NOTHING !!!!

Have you tried re calibrating everything from controller to imu in the naza software or have you tried a different controller?? I've not flown mine yet but have trawled through forums and google for things that might go wrong!!

Have you tried re calibrating everything from controller to imu in the naza software or have you tried a different controller?? I've not flown mine yet but have trawled through forums and google for things that might go wrong!!

Tried everything buddy, i'm pretty sure the flight control unit is at fault.

If I can find a cheap one i'll replace it if not it will probably sit a bit longer lol 

God knows lol will have to check again but not gonna happen today :(

Edited by RC4ever