• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything WR8

Dexter_ST

I haven't purchased battery yet, was think 4s maybe 5s if needed, Iv got two 2s but from wen had stock setup before but as you know that's not enough,what do you suggest battery wise, pinion & spur & where do you suggest order them from, coz you seem like a guy with a lot of knowledge

I get most my stuff from ebay. If you are in the UK I think MSUK would be your best bet.

I'd look for the Integy 40-42 tooth spur (smaller will be faster). You can get the part numbers here and then look it up on ebay to see if you can get a better price.  

Next you will need a mod 1 pinion with a 5mm shaft. I tend to go with Robinson Racing Products you can also find them on ebay no problem. I'd go with the "12 series" pinions, part number 1224 would be the 24 tooth Xtra hard mod 1 with the 5mm shaft etc.

As for batteries... if you want to keep the same rpms with the 2200kv you will want to go 5-6s. You will have to look where to get those on your own. I'd pick a place that is on the same continent at least so you don't have to wait for overseas snail mail shipping.

Not yet.

Let me put it this way.... We actually just got the speedline wheels in stock at one of the major US distributors last week. How long have they been available from MSUK? A month or more?

The US supply chain just seems to be way behind and it makes me sad...

Edited by Mgozzz
  • Like 1

just finished few bits

billet machined gear box front & back

also my clear unpainted wr8 shell came today

probly do custom paint job eventually,,tryin to decide on what colour

Looks like there was a 2011 model Ken Block WR8 on eBay that has a signature by Ken!! Looks like it is a USA auction for anyone over there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=281465684474

AUTOGRAPHED 48/350 BRAND NEW HPI WR8 Ken Block Ford Fiesta Rally 4wd-1/8 Scale

I think this was it

I am looking at the AL upgrades for the WR8 on the Integy site.  I am going to get the suspension kit, because one of my OEM's cracked and the car isn't useable right now..looking at the site, what other AL parts would actually improve the car?  is the AL gearbox really an improvement over the OEM?, are the anti-bending plates better than the OEM?  what about the gears?  I am willing to get them all at once, just so its all over and done with and the shipping is only once, I don't like to peace meal.

any experience with the Integy parts is appreciated as well.

Thanks

Kevin

The gears are also a good idea. Mainly because they will give you more adjustability to gear the car up if you want to. I'd go with the 42 tooth and maybe drop down to the stock 15t pinion if you are not already running it to make sure the motor stays in its operating temperature range.

Alloy parts are really a choice thing. The a-arms will tighten up the flexy stock arms and keep alignment settings dialed in but add weight at the same time. They will also heighten the chance of snapping something else (hinge pins and diff cases) as they are designed to be the weak point when hitting something allowing things to flex instead of snapping.

As for the other alloy parts? I honestly think they mostly add weight to the car. The stock steering is surprisingly tight (after replacing the servo saver).

The stock plastic diff cases are also really stout, I've had zero issues with mine after 2 seasons of use and they are the same pieces that HPI uses in the bullet ST and MT. The bearings still sit tight and flush where they are supposed to be and I haven't need to add any extra shims anywhere.

As for the stock anti bending plates & steering brace I think they are used more for looks really... The chassis is thick enough where there is very minimal bending going on between any of the components (steering posts, diff cases, motor mount etc.). If you need the extra reinforcement the alloy parts are offering you then you should probably be running a 1:8 GT chassis ;-)

To me all the alloy looks good but I really don't think it's needed for most of the parts. For straight performance I'd recommend upgrading to the 42t spur, maybe the a-arms if you seriously need to make sure the alignment is set perfectly for road racing or what not, the Billet center drive shafts just because they are cheap and may last longer than the stock ones (I haven't tested them yet), and lastly the shock set because it looks like they add in a great deal of easy ride height adjustment which the chassis desperately needs.

That's my .02p on alloy parts ;-)

Edited by Mgozzz