• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything WR8

Dexter_ST

• 3 weeks later...

Is there anywhere in the uk that stocks integy hop up parts? Or can anyone where recommend where to place an order? Or is it best to just go on integy.com?

Thanks

I had a look a couple of months back and I did find the odd seller on eBay however generally the integy website seemed to be it.

Hey everyone, I can't seem to figure out how to search on here....so I'm just going to ask! So my front dog bones love to come out like every day and it's driving me nuts. Is this something that is happening to others and what can I do to stop it from happening? It is usually my right dog bone that pops out of the steering hub (usually happens during a drift or when i flip). Anyways I appreciate any help I can get...this place seems to be the only alive forum on the planet for the wr8, haha. 

That's odd, I've never had issues with any of the dogbones coming out. Is your WR8 stock? Did you buy it used? 

The only thing I can think of is the lower hinge pin on the C-hub. At one point mine had the E-clip pop off which caused the hinge pin to wander out and eventually the dogbone disengaged and got all jammed up. It didn't come out fully though.

If you can post a close up picture of the side that has the most trouble it also may be helpful.

Yeah, I bought it used. Also it doesn't fully pop out, it does what you described and it gets all jammed up in the wheel hub. I'm thinking the axle shaft may be worn? I will try to get a close up photo if I can. Thanks for your help!

That's odd, I've never had issues with any of the dogbones coming out. Is your WR8 stock? Did you buy it used? 

The only thing I can think of is the lower hinge pin on the C-hub. At one point mine had the E-clip pop off which caused the hinge pin to wander out and eventually the dogbone disengaged and got all jammed up. It didn't come out fully though.

If you can post a close up picture of the side that has the most trouble it also may be helpful.

Yeah, I bought it used. Also it doesn't fully pop out, it does what you described and it gets all jammed up in the wheel hub. I'm thinking the axle shaft may be worn? I will try to get a close up photo if I can. Thanks for your help!

Ahh ok. Yeah I'd check a few things then.  The hinge pin as I mentioned, the axle shaft (if the wheel has a lot of play up/down and side to side it is a sign of worn bearings), the upper link (it could be worn) and the mounting point for the C-hub hinge pin on the control arm itself.

I noticed my control arms were quite worn and there was about a 1/64" of play where the C-hub mounted (the holes were pretty much oval shaped)... That and if the axle bearings are gone could cause enough play for it to bind up in the right circumstances.

The rear arms also have the same issue. If you check the hinge pin holes for the bearing block on the control arm you might notice the holes have some play (causing excessive toe). If that is the case I would replace them too.

Good luck.

Yeah it's only happening to one side so I figured i'd start replacing parts. Thanks, you've been a big help!

Ahh ok. Yeah I'd check a few things then.  The hinge pin as I mentioned, the axle shaft (if the wheel has a lot of play up/down and side to side it is a sign of worn bearings), the upper link (it could be worn) and the mounting point for the C-hub hinge pin on the control arm itself.

I noticed my control arms were quite worn and there was about a 1/64" of play where the C-hub mounted (the holes were pretty much oval shaped)... That and if the axle bearings are gone could cause enough play for it to bind up in the right circumstances.

The rear arms also have the same issue. If you check the hinge pin holes for the bearing block on the control arm you might notice the holes have some play (causing excessive toe). If that is the case I would replace them too.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I have .... but my WR8 pulls on one side :(

I have this under a new thread, but was told to post in here now.

But looking forward to weekend!

Is it pulling more under power and always to the same side? If nothing (wheel alignment) looks out or bent to the eye then its prob a binding drive shaft on the side its pulling to. Usually grass etc caught in a drive cup.

Best to do a rolling tranny test by removing motor pinion: slacken grub screw a little and slide pinion off, but be warned, only remove if you have thread lock to re-tighten grub screw!!

Once isolated from motor all 4 wheels should freely rotate silky smooth. Spin spur gear with finger and check all wheels spin 'equally'.

Could also be a dodgy wheel hub bearing on pulling side- are you still running original bearings by,any chance? If so its worth upgrading all of them to some decent rubber sealed ones. You can get the whole WR8/bullet set (hubs/diffs etc) for peanuts yet they'll be far superior to the OE cr@p!

Update us on the pulling issue..;-)

Here is exciting news for all of us within shipping distance of Canada... TBG just released under/over trays for the WR8. They even have interiors and a driver:

2-door overtray

4-door overtray

Undertray

Driver

Here are some pictures incase you don't want to make the jump to theBay:

Under tray:

OxjzaHXl.jpg

4-door over tray:

lg9btEll.jpg

2-door over tray:

Phutj0Dl.jpg

Anyone fancy doing a group buy from Team Blue Groove? As I recall the savings were modest, as they can only pack 5 bodies per box, however that still means 1/5th shipping costs, although you still need to factor in onward UK postage, less that

So, finally got round to fitting the front part of the Integy suspension set. Still have the back part and the motor mount to get sorted.

All looks good so far....

Integy2_zps46fb3910.jpg

Integy1_zps31e71024.jpg

However I've obviously missed something because once I'd finished tidying the work bench I found this little chap....

Screw_zps23562dae.jpg

Very annoying as I double checked as I went along and didn't think I'd missed anything but obviously have.....can't see where it goes either which is frustrating!!

^^^^ This may sound silly but you sure it wasn't on bench to start with?

If you've missed it out then it should be obvious and as you've checked its prob a spare..? Fwiw being a shortish ~12mm m3 button head screw if its off anywhere it'll be lower suspension mount, steering top plate or toe plates. I'd double check the toe plate at rear of diff first, as that's the only one you'd likely miss/not notice.

Failing that just run it and wait till something falls off, lol! ;)

Just noticed you've not changed toe plates & everything else looks fine!? It's prob a spare that's been lodged in chassis sometime and fallen out during strip down?

Look good btw..:)

• Like 1

To be honest I think you're right, I was pretty careful and having had a good look over I just can't see anything missing!

Like you said, I'm just going to run it as usual and if anything falls off I'll know that's where it should have gone! :)

• Like 1

Anyone else who thinks some manufacturer should start producing aftermarket bodies?

How about CVDs instead? I'm looking to have some made. I don't have a solid price yet but they shouldn't be too bad. This should be happening in the next month or so. Who's interested? 

• Like 1

How about CVDs instead? I'm looking to have some made. I don't have a solid price yet but they shouldn't be too bad. This should be happening in the next month or so. Who's interested?

Yes, price pendant of course..;) Who's doing them?

Hi guys,

My cooling fan is making some noise, is it posible to open the ESC?

I think some dirt came in....

Prob debris in the esc fan. Undo hex head screws holding fan to esc and clean/vac. U could just try vaccuming with fan inplace 1st to save removing fan, but tbh its easy enough to remove anyhow..:)

Yes, price pendant of course.. ;) Who's doing them?

Cool, I found a manufacturer on online that I'm working with. The CVDs are going to be the same construction and material as the HPI 101270 CVD shafts for the HPI Bullet but obviously the dogbones will be the proper length. Once I know pricing I'll let you know. I'm hoping I can sell them for $25-$30 a set.

BTW I broke another shaft on the 4000kv Vektor motor. It was due to slop in the drive cups as far as I can tell (they are all horribly worn again). So while I'm waiting for HPI to look at the motor I decided to drop in a new set of stock drive cups and I also ordered a Castle 1410 3800kv motor with the 5mm shaft.

The motor came in tonight and I took it out on the road in front of my house. Even with a storage charged 3s battery the thing just screams! I upgraded to a 17 tooth pinion for the hell of it and the car is just a monster now. It's almost too much for the small road out front. I really had to take it easy and I ended up going off a few time into the woods. heheh... 

The can on the 1410 3800 is just a tad smaller than the Vektor but it had the same sized magnets on the rotor. Here it is all mounted up:

C7QpORll.jpg

Here you can see the big honking 5mm shaft and the 17 tooth pinion:

7LTaziGl.jpg

So because I go through diff cups like the are butter (even my heat treated ones...) I decided to order the HD drive cups HPI makes. They shipped out today and I should have them next week. I got a set of the 109925s, a 109920, and a 109924. Hopefully they should beef up the center drive enough that I don't have to worry about buying replacements twice a season. For the price I sure do hope so.

When they come in I'll post up some instal pictures. The instal is pretty straight forward so I should be able to get them in over the course of an evening.

So now all I need is some CVDs for this beast and at that point I think I'll have a pretty solid car.

Oh.. Almost forgot, I finally picked up paint for the TBG bodies. Camel Yellow for the Subaru, Pearl White for the Lancer and (for the RS4 mini) Mustard Yellow for the Datsun 510. I can't wait to get a new body painted. I'll probably start with the Lancer because i'm itching for something different.

Well i've rambled on for long enough... have fun out there guys.

• Like 1