• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything WR8

Dexter_ST

Post a few pics when you've done diffs & shafts, those driveshafts should look cool with the silver HD outdrives..:)

Personally I'm a bit wary of Integy stuff- just too many bad stories. You'll hear it on other threads on this MSUK forum. I remember reading one about a guy who'd upgraded his Savage with mostly Integy- the majority of which either failed, bent if just didn't fit very well. Basically he ended up removing everything that was subjected to any stress. I think the onky Integy part that remained was the heatsink! Integy looks good for show, ie shelf queens..:D

Integy apart, alloy lower suspension (A) arms are generally not a good idea as they tend to either be too rigid and or bend. Good plastic ones allow some compliance/impact absorption yet remain in shape. If when you do break one they're cheap to replace.

Can't remember, have you upgraded you're hub carriers to the HPI alloy ones yet? I'm thinking of at least doing the rears, as they should tighten the alignment up. Last time I looked they were in stock too!

Glad you're impressed with the shocks, now they're what you call quality!

Jeez, must have had too much redbull last night, lol :o

Yh I will do Jason, that will be my next upgrade the sliver dog bones, then upgrade the hub carriers so will look sweet when its finished, gonna stay with the plastic stuff cause my WR8 would never become a shelf queen ;) love it to much lol

Just to follow up now you're all experiencing the motor problems I had. HPI told me for 2 months that they were out of stock but I kept badgering them. In the end they ordered me one through wheelspin and they picked up the costs. 

Also ... I'd be careful of calling the 4800kv motor an upgrade. They tried to fob me off with a different KV motor (take a look at the price differences and you'll realise why). I doubt that'll take 3s operation especially not in the summer weather - I'm already getting over heats on the 4000kv at 3s operation.

I'm sure the 5700KV they will also try and offer you DEFINITELY WON'T GO ABOVE 2s so be careful with the advice you give and the advice you follow.

So am back on the road :D

Here's a few pic of the diffs upgraded and my new shocks

Centre

20130730_110201_zps293453cb.jpg

Front/Rear

20130730_113345_zps1deabd8b.jpg

Then here's it all back together

20130730_122459_zps1d5ef4e2.jpg

20130730_122508_zpsa08d73e0.jpg

20130730_122517_zps315128c6.jpg

Rear

20130730_122527_zpsfaae282b.jpg

Front

20130730_122618_zps23e5951c.jpg

So took it out and put 2 2s packs through it and nothing broke but need new wheels and tyres as one is completely buckled, found better clearance from the proline shocks, so only a few more upgrades left on my list to do and some of them our cosmetic upgrades

• Like 2

There my next mods along with some silver dog bones, then I only need to find some out drivers and a better servo, did u get the shock socks from flebay? An if so what size did u get?

Edited by Mrchippy

They look like the spacers I recommended for the power strokes?

Lol, yes they are. The guy on ebay must have wondered what's suddenly going on with all the bags of 5 he was selling. I know of 4 ppl that have bought them after I'd recommended them as a perfect fit! Still a great find..;)

RCF, how much of a difference did the alloy hub carriers make- did they reduce the amount of play/wiggle that's present with the plastic OE ones?

MrC looking very good! Did you get anywhere with your underbody experiment?

I think so mate did u recommend them to Jason? Is it worth upgrading the hub carriers RC Freaks?

Yeah! Glad the advice went to good use :D I would recommend them but they are VERY pricey.

did u get the shock socks from flebay? An if so what size did u get?

I did, they were just labelled WR8 socks, un sure on measurements. They're basically just fabric - I doubt they do much!

Lol, yes they are. The guy on ebay must have wondered what's suddenly going on with all the bags of 5 he was selling. I know of 4 ppl that have bought them after I'd recommended them as a perfect fit! Still a great find.. ;)

RCF, how much of a difference did the alloy hub carriers make- did they reduce the amount of play/wiggle that's present with the plastic OE ones?

Quality :) I've used the same spacer on my 5th scale truck also. Great spacers for longer bolts to work in shorter holes :D

They've certainly helped reduce a bit of wiggle but there's still some. I've not had a bearing pop since I upgraded but having said that I've barely used it.