• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Vaterra Twin Hammers Rock Racer

Noj

When you say large i take it you mean the ones from a finger skate board any bigger it might break !! :tease:

Sorry fella just ripping you got one you like it, so sod what i say mate enjoy it !!

Ok 

My Lovely hammers took some right Hammer :lol: yesterday , Gearbox is still all well after a multitude of Backflips and rolls .

Don't like it , Simply stop down talking the car and do something else . Many others on other forums love these and My Thoughts aren't changing one bit .

DSC04129_zpsc93e9e5f.jpg

DSC04130_zps1ec00b52.jpg

DSC04131_zpsbc0f3c20.jpg

DSC04132_zpsb93b45c5.jpg

DSC04133_zpsccc9f22a.jpg

Cut the tyres and ready to give it hell again today in the wet .

Got her bound up to my 4PL and the change is amazing , Feels right :P

Wacked a Trusty Hitec in too as the stock servo works and thats all .

Need to wire the winch up and We'll be good to go . Where's the postman :xd:   ??
Jack.

• Like 1

I find it hard to big something so bad up fella that's the trouble  and i'm only ripping ya but i'm sure were all big boys aren't we !!  You do kinda leave the door open for a ripping sometimes thou fella 

Oh no sorry forgot not allowed to say anything bad about such a  truck so i'll take it back and say its crap a mean great  :harhar:

But yeah your right i'll leave it alone for now !!!

Dont want to upset ya fella  :thumbsup:

Edited by mydoddy69

I too had an absolute blast with my twin hammers today, though didn't get it nearly as wet as Jack's.

The kids set up obstacle courses in the back garden, and were particularly pleased that it was able to drive up their garden slide. Drove it through their sandpit and play pool with ramps to enter and exit. We had a little soaking in the afternoon and that didn't stop the fun!

I've never had so much fun going slowly. Guess I'll have to change my name to James May!!!

As Jack says I can see I'll get more out of the buggy if I wire it up to my Sanwa MT4. Could then set up low / neutral / high onto the toggle switch, and change the throttle curve to add some finesse to the controls.

When the HS225MG and steering servo saver come in I'll probably also swap the steering servo to something more speedy.

I can see this being my 'go to' buggy when I have 10 minutes to blast round the back garden.

I know it's not perfect, but there's already hopups for it like the fullforce RC ally top plate, and Vaterra parts are very reasonably priced compared to say Associated or Losi. I am sure if the plastic tranny gears are a problem, there will be a Vaterra or third party solution available soon. I spent nearly a grand on my Losi 5ive-T and it came with a badly flexing steering servo setup out of the box.

N

• Like 1

Right this is it then i'm done ..

You hit the nail right on the head there fella when you said a 10 minute blast around the garden as that's all its worth any more and it will fall apart 

Sorry jack and i promise from now on i wont say another word about the twin terrible every again honest cross my fingers and stick a pin in my eye !! :yes:  

Right this is it then i'm done ..

You hit the nail right on the head there fella when you said a 10 minute blast around the garden as that's all its worth any more and it will fall apart 

Sorry jack and i promise from now on i wont say another word about the twin terrible every again honest cross my fingers and stick a pin in my eye !! :yes:  

Mate. Honest opinions are what make the forum great! Go and look at US RC web site reviews and you can't believe ANYTHIING you read. I long since stopped believing anything that they write up in RC Car Action as they never critique anything they are given to review. So a when a new model comes out, experiences from real users are like gold dust.

I've flipped my share of RC cars in my time. Some I really regretted (like my Vorza Flux - what was I thinking) and others I haven't (Losi 5ive). All part of the fun of the hobby!

N

Another blast round the garden before work this fine morning!

Just placed an order for extra body panel set, to be painted in Pactra fiery orange with black decals.

N

Shaving tyres here , Done every small outer lug .

Huge improvement on clearing out and grip ! 

Just cleaning them up with a dremel and then pics 

This is gonna take a while ......

Jack.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I got my replacement body panels painted and put the decals on. Went with Lime Ice rather than burnt orange because of the colour of the shocks and motor mount. I'm pretty pleased with the result.

P1030376.JPG

P1030377.JPG

P1030378.JPG

P1030379.JPG

P1030380.JPG

P1030381.JPG

P1030382.JPG

P1030383.JPG

• Like 1

• 1 year later...