• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Need help, cutting out

Deano13

Ok so I have tried both ways now, finger full throttle and wind the screw in a quter the gap didn't get smaller, so I wound it in a full turn, the gap didn't move, I wound it in like 3 turns, the gap didn't move, set it back to flush, tried winding it out wards se again, the gap didn't open or get smaller, just stayed the same?

Oh no lol, no wonder on that run the car felt so much faster, I turned that screw in about a turn and half! Seemed to have sorted out the cutting out tho for awhile, then after about 15mins the dredded breaking cutting out started! But now iv just read that, ill give it another go with the atchal idle screw lol

Back from the shop for a tune up, noticed the HSN has been adjusted by about a quter of a turn, the LSN has been touched slightly, the idle screw has been turned a touch.

So here goes, put a new glow plug in as I was advised, primed the fuel to the carb, adjusted the trim slightly on the control, 1 pull.... 3 pulls.... 5pulls.... Adjusted the trim slightly more, fired up cut straight out, 8pulls.... 10pulls... Fired cut straight out, 12pulls... And on the 15th pull start snapped......... So now I have to wait untill Saturday to go buy a new 1 and then start all over again!!! Grrrrr lol

Edited by Deano13

Back from the shop for a tune up, noticed the HSN has been adjusted by about a quter of a turn, the LSN has been touched slightly, the idle screw has been turned a touch.

So here goes, put a new glow plug in as I was advised, primed the fuel to the carb, adjusted the trim slightly on the control, 1 pull.... 3 pulls.... 5pulls.... Adjusted the trim slightly more, fired up cut straight out, 8pulls.... 10pulls... Fired cut straight out, 12pulls... And on the 15th pull start snapped......... So now I have to wait untill Saturday to go buy a new 1 and then start all over again!!! Grrrrr lol

Good fun init lol

• Like 1

Your starting issues sound like its been primed and primed and primed and your crank is drowning. At this point I would turn the idle up on your TX and start, then with some very gentle throttle finger blip it until it revs up properley. This is a classic amature problem that you'll learn to deal with with more experience. Have fun

• 9 years later...
On 02/02/2013 at 02:00, Deafty said:

The dreaded brake slamming stall. Glad to hear you're starting fine. IMO wait till you have her tuned in. I don#t use breaks during my break ins but perhaps you're using the traxas method or the like. As mentioned earlier "the clutch". Check to ensure the clutchbell spins free with engine off.

Had the same brand new bullet when brakes applied throttle closed cut engine .I adjusted linkage it was fine tho wouldn't run on ground just stalled .when on stand wheels spun .turns out after I said it had clutch problem and sent it back it had a broken spring .now it's tuned runs really well but now n then just cuts out .oh yeah the fuel from exhuast takes the colour off the wheels and also the chrome .like the look of it but I should have brought a kyosho most aggro I've had with a nitro car 🚗 🙃 

20220701_175109.jpg

20220701_175105.jpg