• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

dying nylon parts

rcsammy

i dyed the wheels and wing on my ftx blaze last week .......

i even dyed the foam tyres that where on the wheels as well but seeing as the dye was black you couldn't really see :blink:

any way, all i used was hot water dye from the local hardware shop, cost about £3.50 i think.

just pop the dye and half a pint of water in the wifes best saucepan , add the wheels or whatever , boil for about ten minutes and yer done, apart from cleaning the saucepan .if she askes who it was just blame the kids .... works every time :whistling:

i dyed the wheels and wing on my ftx blaze last week .......

i even dyed the foam tyres that where on the wheels as well but seeing as the dye was black you couldn't really see :blink:

any way, all i used was hot water dye from the local hardware shop, cost about £3.50 i think.

just pop the dye and half a pint of water in the wifes best saucepan , add the wheels or whatever , boil for about ten minutes and yer done, apart from cleaning the saucepan .if she askes who it was just blame the kids .... works every time :whistling:

thanks

would one packet of dye or watever it comes in be enough to do 4 monster truck rims?

thanks

would one packet of dye or watever it comes in be enough to do 4 monster truck rims?

Be careful,I dyed some Clodbuster rims once but because the plastic was quite thin it warped out of shape.

I did some 1/10 buggy wheels as well and cause they were smaller and more rigid they were fine.

It probably has to be the dyeable plastic, which usually comes white :good:

Not really,I dyed some red fibre glass bits black once,they didn't come out black,black though :lol: but they weren't red either ;)

I think any plastic would work but the colour change will probably be affected by the colour of what you start with.

brilliant idea cant beleive i didnt think of that :good:

then it doesnt chip aswell

i will either dye them black

put stickers on them so they are similar to the ones in the pic

or put stickers on them so there like a swirl

what do you guys think would be best?