• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper High revs? Help asap!

HairyGranola

Hi guys,

I bought a second hand hyper 7 a few weeks ago and finally out with it.

Anyway it starts up fine and idles ok, just needs some idle tuning.

However whenever i rev it it goes crazy and shoots off. Had to chase the damn thing a minute ago.

It has the .21 and a jp-3 pipe if that helps.

The tuning looks out on both needles, not sure if that could be a problem or not z

Thanks

try setting it back to stock settings and make sure the carb is closing all the way. i use an elastic band round the carb on my hypers just to give the carb a little extra closing power.

if your unable to stop the hyper it sounds like a servo problem! does your throttle servo engage the breaks ? try it without the engine running !

you useing aa batterys in your recvier?,the shooting off problemis not tuning ,it radio/receiver cutting out,good batterys in both rx/tx? for the rx a 6v hump pack better and gives longer run time,also check how to set your failsafe if it 2.4ghz and make sure it set to neutral,that should stop it if it out of range, or out of power,or the throttle servo on it way out

Edited by mugen mark

I fear it could be an air leak, new servo in, carb gap is 1mm, brakes engage fine, carb opens fully and closes back to 1mm. Still high revs :( Bummer.

It's not a air leak or anything to do with the tune as its not a mechanical problem. It must be electrical are your sure your tx pack has a good charge in it? I would check the voltage in it.

Does it do it when its not running ie servo messing about?

Most built in fail safe's do not have low voltage detection

Edited by big turbo