• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

well happy

bj78

i am so chuffed final what with this crap weather i managed to start getting my firestorm run in got onto the fourth tank then it ****** down and was bloody freezing only thing that stopped me was started to do th slightly quicker runs went to give it some throttle it died and wouldnt start so hopely will get back on it tomoz when its ment to be dry again but still loving it and the smell of nitro on my hands again is great

• Like 2

Awesome ain't it hopefully isn't raining tomoz so can get the bullet out again and retune it dam weather keeps messing with it lol wish the engines didn't need regular tuning cause of weather that's my only complaint with nitro lol well other than how addictive it's become I'm currently looking at a new road car and Possibley doing a crawler project :D

Edited by 3.0dundee

dam straight its addictive had an acme conquistador and it was rubbish putting it politely years ago only coz i didnt do my research first well it packed up completely and i was gutted but then thanks to my wife , mum and dad and brother i now have the hpi firestorm and trust me when i unwrapped that christmas day the adrenaline rush was great and loving it to bits

• Like 1

well back out with the firestorm again todays for about 2hrs or so, doing all the final runs and loving every minute just having the biggest smile on my face ever at the mo and with any luck get back out tomoz for a while before partying only trouble is and i'm sure the cold is playing a part in this but i was constantly having to tune whilst using and dam that car is fast

ok cheers so the fact that it was very windy and flipping cold did play part in me having to tweet it every so often cheers guys for all your comments i'm abit rusty still at the mo but it all coming back to me slowley so i'll be posting any other problems i get(hopefully not to many)

know the feeling on the cold messing with the tune took the bullet out for a midnight bash last night and had to completely retune it again think im probs away to have to do that in a min again when i take it out lol

the atmospheric conditions play a bigger part in the tune that people realise.. That's why some people are like' it worked yesterday, and I payed the shop to tune it properley

If only it was that simple haha. Welcome to the steep learning curve;)

Edited by 1981robbo

the atmospheric conditions play a bigger part in the tune that people realise.. That's why some people are like' it worked yesterday, and I payed the shop to tune it properley

If only it was that simple haha. Welcome to the steep learning curve;)

Haha yeah I'm just use to 1/1 engines where doesn't effect it as bad lol,haha yeah lol,love te steep learning curve didn't want an easy hobby hehehe

Glad to hear your loving it mate the nitrostar engine in my opinion is a great engine ive been peeing around with brushless this last 3 months but im going back to my nitro its much better cheaper and ballzy

• Like 1

cheers guys it all just confirms my thoughts on it this is my first real experience with a descent car as my first was nothing but greif and hassle and got shot of quite quickly and yeap i'm on that learning curve still but enjoying the whole expirience of it all unfortunately back to work tomoz so next bash will be on saturday or sunday with any luck