• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anyone else out there got a DHK Optimus?!

Joesdhk

Its basically an XTM XT2e looking at it, id upgrade the shocks, set of hyper 7 bigbores would do the trick, if its anything like my 2e, its a pretty solid buggy so little to go wrong, just stock up on the main bits like front lower and top arms, gearbox housings etc.its a Ripmax so many hobao hyper 7 parts should fit. Id

recommend upgrading the steering knuckles to CNC ones but they are about

Edited by NuttyProfessor

It seems pretty solid to be honest from what ive seen of them and what ive done to mine!! I got it second hand so have a lot of spares to be going on with ;) i have the standard 3 cell battery and also a hardcase 2 cell with it (its very slow with the 2 cell) im thinking i want to see what it can do on 4 cell so what would you recommend?!

My ESC says 2s-4s on the side so i assume this means i can run 4s :/

Thanks for your help mate :)

Can even run a 3s :) im thinking its the 120a esc and a 2370kv motor. One of the first things i did was change the motor and esc so i can run upto 6s, rarely run 6s because it turns my 2e into a ballistic missile :D i had a hobbyking 150a esc and a leopard 2650kv motor sitting in my old wreaked buggy so thought sod it :)

Edited by NuttyProfessor

• 4 weeks later...

Hello there,

I have a DHK Optimus 1:8 buggy.

I have since upgraded the motor to a Flux scream 1960kv and the ESC to a Flux Rage 80amp. I have also upgraded the battery to a Turnigy 5000mah 14.8v 4 cell lipo and the thing goes like a bullet now !

Oh yeah, I have also changed the 15 tooth pinion gear to a 21tooth. You have to be extra careful with a 4 cell in this thing as its very fast. I would estimate the speed as a minimum of 50mph.

Hope this helps!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dont have a video just yet. The weather is starting to become good for it. So ill get one done soon. The optimus XL runs on 2 x 2s Batteries with a 80A ESC and is sweet. Ill get a video sorted soon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Since 17 September 2013 I own the  8383 DHK model.

It is very well build. After 3 hours drive no damage at all. I wish to know witch parts are the most likely to be changed. I suppose the bearings first. I wish to exchange information about this model. Parts seems to be very expensive.

Hi there,

I have a DHK Optimus, my first and only 1/8th model, and I have to say I think it's brilliant! I'm still running the standard 3S battery, ESC, and motor. All I've done to it is upgrade the steering servo after the original one died and put a heavier weight oil in the shocks to stop the chassis hitting the ground during heavy landings.

Oh and the truggy wheels :whistling:

gallery_31817_2956_103141.jpg

Edited by Luke B

Its basically an XTM XT2e looking at it, id upgrade the shocks, set of hyper 7 bigbores would do the trick, if its anything like my 2e, its a pretty solid buggy so little to go wrong, just stock up on the main bits like front lower and top arms, gearbox housings etc.its a Ripmax so many hobao hyper 7 parts should fit. Id

recommend upgrading the steering knuckles to CNC ones but they are about

Edited by Andy XO-1

I love my XT2E, running a leopard 2650kv motor with a 6s esc, 56mph on 4s :) crazy fast setup but takes it with ease, fitted a set of the front CVD'S on the rear to eliminate the weak rear dogbone cups and its been reliable. Goes through tyres at silly rates but its bound to :D

20130917_202741_zpsfea62b6d.jpg

20130917_202728_zps587a4295.jpg

pukka as a stadium truck :)

Thing is, too many people are brand loyal, I like to try offkey stuff to see if its cheap for a reason but i can hardly fault the xt2e in its build quality and standard of drive, now ive tuned the handling to my taste, its a fantastic chassis.

I am new in the bussiness of RTR.

The 60A ESC it is able to handle only 11,1 V batterries LiPo labeled as 3s, I suppose.

A 4S battery will burn the ECS 60A.

In the manual it says it can take up to a 4S. I've never tried it though.