• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lunchbox 5th Shock mod

simonclarke2000

Guys, got my lunchbox built up now, have put on oil shocks instead of normal ones and such, and have spares to add the 5th shock in, what i can figure out is how you attach it to the base of the gearbox?

can anyone post some pics up of how they have done there one?

Thanks!!

Unfortunately this is the only close up pic i have of the 5th shock on mine...

IMG00096-20121009-1426.jpg

I used some of the rubber tube as a spacer behind the screw / bolt to cushion and space the shock away from the tub...

For attaching it to the gearbox you need to remove the gearbox assembly from the chassis, slide out the axle bar and as close to the centre of the gearbox cut a slot for the base of the shock to fit into... when you slide the axle bar back through the casing it will also slide through the loop eye whatsit of the shock and hey presto...

Have a look here for more pics and vids on the 5th shock... although i followed the principal i didnt use all of the brackets they did... its not needed really.

http://www.rcknowhow.co.uk/tamiya-lunchbox-58063-58347/tamiya-lunchbox-5th-shock-modification/

HTH, Nige