• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Woodland RC Track | Camberley, Surrey | Next Meet: TBA

TrickyTris

That sucks mate, not having the best of luck with that truck are you! :lol: Certainly sounds like its fried. HPI say the servo's are waterproof but realistically they're just splash proof at best!

My stock servo's didn't last long either and I'm now running two Savox TG's and am well impressed with them! They're a tad expensive but worth getting as you'll be hard pressed to kill one. Plus they come with a year's warranty should you manage to. :) As Paul suggested, go for the Savox 1256. It has loads of torque, is quick as hell & takes a serious beating! :thumbsup:

Servo aside, how was the savage running? Manage to get some good use out of it?

Hopefully will get one last bash in this weekend but if I don't see you guys, have a good Christmas and see you soon!

No not really mate, just can't seem to keep it from breaking. :sly: But, on the plus side I did get about an hour and a half of running out of it! And it ran beautifully! I have ordered that servo and the uprated saver spring. I will probably get some plastidip, O ring and marine grease and try to waterproof it.

Yeah I'll be up for that some time! :thumbsup:

No not really mate, just can't seem to keep it from breaking. :sly: But, on the plus side I did get about an hour and a half of running out of it! And it ran beautifully! I have ordered that servo and the uprated saver spring. I will probably get some plastidip, O ring and marine grease and try to waterproof it.

Well that's pretty good going, considering I'm lucky to get a few tanks out of mine before something gives.. lol

She'll be a beast with that Savox in mate and with some plastidip, unstoppable! :) I'd personally avoid doing anything to the Savox for now though as it will void the years warranty on it but that's up to you..

Slough will be a bog for weeks with all the rain we have had recently......more to come too!

Should be going to Swindon on the 30th for a race day if anyone fancies it? Astro>mud :xd:

Be warned though........its addictive :whistling:

Slough will be a bog for weeks with all the rain we have had recently......more to come too!

Should be going to Swindon on the 30th for a race day if anyone fancies it? Astro>mud :xd:

Be warned though........its addictive :whistling:

Good point, think I am going to have a go at racing on the 30th at Swindon instead.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You guys end up racing on the 30th then? If so, how'd it go? :)

Will have to join for the next one when the hong nor is running! :thumbsup:

Got cancelled due to a flooded track :xd:

Its now on this Sunday :)

How is the conversion coming along?

Got cancelled due to a flooded track :xd:

Its now on this Sunday :)

How is the conversion coming along?

Yeah I just saw a thread on it.. Really tempted to come along this weekend but worried about my 1:1 at the moment, as seems the clutch is about to go.. Not sure it's up to the journey! Will see If I can blag a lift if i wave some petrol money about! :lol:

Conversion is almost done! Last few bits are arriving today & Saturday then it's just down to swapping the ESC connectors & finishing the bodyshell. :D

anyone up for a bash this weekend? weather permitting.

painted up a new shell, dont think i'll be using it though :lol:

Love the shell mate! Definitely worthy of being a shelf queen! lol

I'll be up for a bash, would be nice to get the nitro running again as it's been neglected the past few weeks! Lets see how the weather plays out..

Gotta work Sunday now so cant make Swindon :yucky:

Its on the following Sunday so that might suit you better, and give you a bit more time with the conversion.

You are more than welcome to hitch a lift with me.....just let me know :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm up for bash soon but I think the track is going to be a complete mess thanks to the recent weather & lack of maintenance. Wouldn't surprise me if a bunch of motorbikes have had at it by now either.. :(

Will have to arrange a meet soon and perhaps work together for 30mins to get it looking sweet again..?

What you reckon guys, up for another meet around the beginning of Feb?

(AJ's arranged a meet at Kev's place on the 27th which I'll be going to, so could always come along to that if you're too eager to wait! lol)

Edited by TrickyTris

Alright boys and girls! Im up for meeting up soon. I am also cool with spending some time rebuilding at Camberley.

That'd be cool mate! :thumbsup: It definitely needs some TLC! Just need this snow to clear & it to warm up a bit, too bloomin cold to be out for long! :lol:

With pre season baseball training in full swing and my new toy arriving next weekend. Not sure when I am going to be out with my rc's again for a bit.

Haha! Don't blame you at all mate, enjoy!

I didn't actually get to the track. Had such an issue starting the TT. Started fine on Friday. Got there and my pull start jammed. So had to take it out. Luckily it sprung back. Then it would intermittently turn the engine. By this point I was on a mission to get it started. An hour later it fired.

I walked a little way to where I thought the track was(as I've never been). The area was so flooded it was hard to get some decent bashing.

I am thinking about converting my TT to electric.

What condition is the track in?

I'd be up for a bash this Saturday 2nd.. :yes:

I imagine the track is currently filled with puddles and looking very neglected! So we'd need to spend 30mins to an hour sweeping & sorting the jumps out etc. Hopefully the weather gets better and dries it out a bit. If so, I'll be alright with heading down there early and making a start on it. Would be nice if others could lend a hand too! ;)

Sadly, its that time of the year where its going to be a never ending battle of keeping it looking nice. Least now I have the brushless truggy up & running I can spend more time building and less time fixing a rotostart!!

Yeah Sunday looks more promising for me too now, as I still need to finish off a few tweaks with the Truggies.. :)

Would be nice if it would stop raining and dry up a bit! Lets see how the weather plays out!

Sorry mate, I wont make it! :(

Still spraying my bodyshell! Taking forever! On about the 12th coat now and its still see-through! :o

I'll be 100% ready for a bash next weekend though, as all my RC's will be done and I'll also have my new SC Truck by then! :)