• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Woodland RC Track | Camberley, Surrey | Next Meet: TBA

TrickyTris

Yeah, rather annoyed as it was looking to be a dry one! :( iPhone app still says weekend will be dry & sunny.. Fingers crossed!

I'll still be down providing it isn't raining, just glad I didn't bother cleaning the Truggy! lol

Wont be spotless for long! :lol:

My truggy is good to go, as last weekend not a thing went wrong, (:o) so will be able to get down there a bit earlier and sweep away any sludge & puddles! Should be looking good by the time you guys get down! (Weather permitting of course :P)

Well the savage managed a whole half litre of fuel today. I was very pleased. However I thought it was odd that the hump pack died roughly the same time as my last tank of fuel...... turns out it was the steering servo that died instead......... curse you hpi!!!!!!!

:yes: lets hope so eh, at the rate I am breaking it I will need all knowledge I can get!!! I am not really sure what has gone wrong with the servo. I have removed it and tested it but nothing, completely unresponsive. Any recommendations for a new steering servo??

Maybe you can send it back for warranty?

I'm using this in my savage http://www.modelsport.co.uk/savox-sc-1256-coreless-digital-servo-high-torque-/rc-car-products/31644

May want to upgrade the servo saver spring at the same time http://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?search=1&search_string=102522+

:yes: lets hope so eh, at the rate I am breaking it I will need all knowledge I can get!!! I am not really sure what has gone wrong with the servo. I have removed it and tested it but nothing, completely unresponsive. Any recommendations for a new steering servo??

maybe its got wet mate, is it meant to be waterproof?

catch you guys in the new year i expect, xmas is upon us, ill be out with the slash, just locally though. got a few upgrades planned as well, new body etc, ill post some pics when im done

have a good xmas lads :thumbsup:

That sucks mate, not having the best of luck with that truck are you! :lol: Certainly sounds like its fried. HPI say the servo's are waterproof but realistically they're just splash proof at best!

My stock servo's didn't last long either and I'm now running two Savox TG's and am well impressed with them! They're a tad expensive but worth getting as you'll be hard pressed to kill one. Plus they come with a year's warranty should you manage to. :) As Paul suggested, go for the Savox 1256. It has loads of torque, is quick as hell & takes a serious beating! :thumbsup:

Servo aside, how was the savage running? Manage to get some good use out of it?

Hopefully will get one last bash in this weekend but if I don't see you guys, have a good Christmas and see you soon!

Maybe you can send it back for warranty?

I'm using this in my savage http://www.modelsport.co.uk/savox-sc-1256-coreless-digital-servo-high-torque-/rc-car-products/31644

May want to upgrade the servo saver spring at the same time http://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?search=1&search_string=102522+

Cheers mate, I have bought both of these parts. Thanks for the info.

Edited by APHEXTWIN

maybe its got wet mate, is it meant to be waterproof?

catch you guys in the new year i expect, xmas is upon us, ill be out with the slash, just locally though. got a few upgrades planned as well, new body etc, ill post some pics when im done

have a good xmas lads :thumbsup:

As far as I can tell there is no evidence of water ingress. I could be wrong, but the worst I can see was a splash of mud on the case. I'm wondering if it's crash damaged. Had a few bumps.

As far as I can tell there is no evidence of water ingress. I could be wrong, but the worst I can see was a splash of mud on the case. I'm wondering if it's crash damaged. Had a few bumps.

fair play mate, hope you get it sorted though.

found a wicked bashing spot near basingstoke, oakley bmx track.(thanks AJ) took the slash there yesterday. whoops and a tabletop and burms etc. bang on it was, we should have a bash there sometime lads. bit of a drive for some i know but...

Edited by Timenator

fair play mate, hope you get it sorted though.

found a wicked bashing spot near basingstoke, oakley bmx track.(thanks AJ) took the slash there yesterday. whoops and a tabletop and burms etc. bang on it was, we should have a bash there sometime lads. bit of a drive for some i know but...

That sounds bang on mate! I'm up for that some time pal. Basingstoke is like 20-30 mins drive from me. And I'm sure some of us could buddy up in the motors to keep the fuel costs down.