• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

How to clean the engine

TTcooper

Alreet,I was thinking if anyone on here could give me a bit of help,around the whole engine bay and around the electrics are dirty and there not exactly easy to reach.. So can anyone recommend something to use? Cheers!

Alreet,I was thinking if anyone on here could give me a bit of help,around the whole engine bay and around the electrics are dirty and there not exactly easy to reach.. So can anyone recommend something to use? Cheers!

i use gt85 mate.....on everything apart from the brakes.....works for me.....spray on wipe off.....job done plus it cheap on e bay 3big tins for Edited by evssv

Remove the engine and radio tray. Give it a good wash, spray with GT85 and then wipe that off.

After racing I use a power jet washer to clean the buggy. Some people use the kitchen sink and some use the dishwasher, although it's recommended you ask before using the dishwasher as an angry woman is not a pleasant experience.

If it's been some time since the diff oils were changed then it's a good idea to change them whilst the car is stripped down. They maybe working fine, but the oil will get contaminated from general wear of the gears.

Remove the engine and radio tray. Give it a good wash, spray with GT85 and then wipe that off.

After racing I use a power jet washer to clean the buggy. Some people use the kitchen sink and some use the dishwasher, although it's recommended you ask before using the dishwasher as an angry woman is not a pleasant experience.

If it's been some time since the diff oils were changed then it's a good idea to change them whilst the car is stripped down. They maybe working fine, but the oil will get contaminated from general wear of the gears.

and some use there girlfriends shower :whistling:

i tend to use soapy water and a tea towel but then again i strip my cars down to nothing and wash each peice :(

Gt85 with the straw attached then you can get it into the hard to reach areas. Give it all a good covering then hang it to drip dry for a couple hours then give it a wipe over with a soft cloth ;-)