• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your 1/1 cars!

landmaxdriver

Because I didn't have the money to repair the engine or buy a newer car. So I saved for 3 years till I had a enough for a deposit to buy the car I wanted.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

well this rx8 hate is going well lmfao 

I love the RX8. I'd have one. But then I love Ferraris so what do I know about cars lol

Sadly, the RX8 is much maligned for good reason, which is why their second hand prices are so low...no modern day car manufacturer should sell a product with no mechanical longevity, IMHO....the ****el engine is just no good in the long term, they proved this with the mighty Rax7! The 8 exhaust note is like an asthmatic rabbit with a cough.....

Long as you're happy Purcy, all that matters fella ;)

• Like 1

Sadly, the RX8 is much maligned for good reason, which is why their second hand prices are so low...no modern day car manufacturer should sell a product with no mechanical longevity, IMHO....the ****el engine is just no good in the long term, they proved this with the mighty Rax7! The 8 exhaust note is like an asthmatic rabbit with a cough.....

Long as you're happy Purcy, all that matters fella ;)

Aye, their depreciation value is something to really take advantage of if you want a rotary car, if you know their intricacies, how to drive n look after them and know what you are getting yourself into, its a lot of car and power for very little money. 

The rx8 was ..well i blame ford as they had a hand in it, Mazda wanted to create the next rx7 but ford was like well..no lets make a more family orientated car, get the rotary out to the masses at an affordable price..but it needs 4 doors etc, mazda snuffed it but did as they were told to an extent, but as a result everything was a bit tame out the factory, no racey roar exhaust, no flame spitting ..obviously all easily changed ..but yea the rx8 is a result of ford and tight emission controls hence why it was discontinued.

Overall rotary is a niche market, if you love your cars you can learn to love a rotary, some love it, others loath it..i cant get enough of it, its like a magic dorito 

That being said, have mazda given up on the rotary? hell no! look at the 16x on their website, its something to behold. Direct fuel injection, smaller rotor housings ..overall a much better design and i for one cant wait to see it in production. 

AFAIK the 16x has been stopped.

There was an article/announcement at one of the motor shows late last year.

And fwiw ford had almost nothing to do with the engine type dying on its arse.

Emissions people across the globe changed some rules, tweaked some others and the rotary died.

It simply can't meet the current regs.

And it likely never will.

I never said ford had a word in the engine design, it was the design of the car itself, the 4 doors etc etc 

Also there is zero news on the 16x ever being cancelled, see some articles of "delays" or "on hold" but this is years ago. 

November 2013 is years ago? :/

And FWIW, I'm pretty sure Ford never owned enough of mazda to dictate to them what to design....... might have suggested what the market would buy, but not much more than that.

FFS, they owned my last employer and barely had a hand in any of the design!

Edited by mattr

Mazda endeavoured to rejuvenate itself around this time, partially with financial and management assistance from Ford, and successfully developed a new product line of high quality cars with desirable styling and superior driving dynamics, beginning with the Mazda6 and followed by the Mazda3, paving way for the arrival for Mazda's next-generation rotary sports car.

AKA overlooked by Ford 

...Who were you working for ..Hyundai? 

And again just because you read something on Jalopnik doesnt mean its true, what they said in November was exactly what they said several times over the years since 2011 

Hyundai? Can't ever recall them being owned by Ford. Or did you read it on jalopnik? ;)

It was on our news feed at (current) work, so I'd need to fire my work computer up again to find out where it came from, unlikely to be jalopnik, never seen anything from them before, or since. Probably automotive news or one of the broadsheets motoring pages.

And trying to link the engineering development of the mazda 6 and 3 to the rx8 is a hell of a stretch. Seeing as the 3/6/mondeo/focus/v50/s40/c30/xtype/etc share masses of parts and development costs. The rx8 probably gets its wheel nuts from the same place........

I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see it again, but with the market they way it is, and selling to almost exclusively enthusiasts (who, to be frank, are terrible customers), I'd be very surprised to see it in showrooms.

What does the 595 relate to?

That's the model, on the old 500 Abarths from the 60's the 595's had bigger engines with more power, a modern standard 500 abarth has 135Bhp, the 595 Abarths have 160Bhps as standard

• 3 weeks later...

20140523_112425_zps2f8931ca.jpg

mazdaplatesfrontjpg-1.jpg

mazdaplatesjpg.jpg

20120225_104526.jpg

I cant find the rest of my pictures but I've had quiet a few... :whistling:  

Love the MPS... great sleeper.... If I ever lost mine I'd consider the MPS 6 as an alternative.

IMG_4660.jpg

Volvo S40 T5

Eibach springs

Bilstein Dampers

Fully polybushed all around

Cast Anembo inlet

Water Meth Injection

Bell Intercooler

Quaife LSD

RS clutch

uprated RARB

OZ wheels

320mm brake upgrade

....beast!

Edited by DoppleBanger
  • Like 1

that volv is a lovely piece of kit! 

Thanks... it's all set up for an RS turbo so once I get one of those on it'll run 350bhp no problems... more if I get shorter rods on it. Getting it custom mapped soon to take the edge off the torque delivery and smooth it out a bit as it's a bit cheeky in the wet.

Edited by DoppleBanger
  • Like 1