• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anyone in the York Area

Donscone

Hello good MSUK Forum Peeps.

Over the weekend i remembered a mate had a couple nitro cars sitting in his garage so invitded him round mine so we could work on them and get them all sorted out as well replacing the clutch on my truck.

All went really well got both his cars sorted and cleaned of all the dust they had gathered. cleaned out the engins and after about 4 or 5 hours go to a point where we were ready to start. got the one started (the smallest one has to be a 1/16 scale little beast when i can i will post some pics you can kind of seem themin my profile pic) the other got nothing out of just yet but the glow plug starters were dead.

So with my truck i replaced the clutch first of all putting the wrong way around so when i was trying to pull start the clutch was ingaging. I have swapped them round now and all is good with the clutch that is.

the problem i have now is that the trottle responce seems really really slow. what could this be? Is there anyone in the York area that know nitro engines and can help me out?

your engine maybe running a tad rich/lean if its slow in accelaration and tends to bog down.

have you tried fiddling with the fuel screw by doing small increasements, going for a run then adjusting till its spot on?

Dan

Try a quick servo test..

Hold the brake down. Turn the wheels rapidly. Let go of all controls.

If they seem quick and return instantly to neutral when letting go then all is good. If they seem slow to move and get stuck before returning to neutral, your batteries are running low.

Failing that...

Your LSN needs adjusting. More than likely it is running too rich. Turn your LSN clockwise (in) at 1hr increments until you notice an increase in performance. You may need to lower your idle rev's to compensate for the change, as it may not want to sit still after a LSN change. If so, decrease your idle rev's in half-hour increments until she sits nicely!

• Like 1