• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

good carb for blackout

pprracing

whats wrong with your current one? you wont see a huge increase in performance really,

not quite right buddy, the blackout comes with a cheap knock off of a walbro carb, they are known to be of really poor quality and cause a lot of tuning issues

i would suggest a genuine 668 walbro carb, there are other option but after speaking to a lot of people who have used 813's etc almost all come back to the 668

not quite right buddy, the blackout comes with a cheap knock off of a walbro carb, they are known to be of really poor quality and cause a lot of tuning issues

i would suggest a genuine 668 walbro carb, there are other option but after speaking to a lot of people who have used 813's etc almost all come back to the 668

i know nothing about the engine but i agree about the 668, seen loads have headaches and go back to it

• Like 1

Tbh mate I had my blackout nearly 2 years and my carb is still going strong and has been swapped between my Baja and the blackout and in less than a year iv needed a rebuild kit for the 813.

Not saying there the best around but it's not been the worst iv had but has been decent and sill going :-)

Tbh mate I had my blackout nearly 2 years and my carb is still going strong and has been swapped between my Baja and the blackout and in less than a year iv needed a rebuild kit for the 813.

Not saying there the best around but it's not been the worst iv had but has been decent and sill going :-)

i thought you swapped your carb to a 668? (btw i wasn't recommending the 813 as they're aren't my favourite lol)

i thought you swapped your carb to a 668? (btw i wasn't recommending the 813 as they're aren't my favourite lol)

Never had a 668 lol

And wouldn't recommend a 813 either hahah but I also wouldnt say the blackout stock carb was crap either as it lasted longer than my 813 and the km stock carb hence why it was swapped between the 2 ;-)

Tho I did need to clean it a few times but allways worked afterwards :-0

• Like 1

Never had a 668 lol

And wouldn't recommend a 813 either hahah but I also wouldnt say the blackout stock carb was crap either as it lasted longer than my 813 and the km stock carb hence why it was swapped between the 2 ;-)

Tho I did need to clean it a few times but allways worked afterwards :-0

fair enough my bad buddy =D was just going by what i had read lol

• Like 1

Walbro 668 if you want a choke or a Walbro 990 if you prefer chokless

Have to admit my blackout carb did not hold a tune well

Thanks for advice guys .. only probs iv had with it . It floods the motor easily and bogs down a lot low revs . Adjust the carb and it runs ok for a bit before needing more adjustments... Like people said just cheap and quickly manufactured part I think

• Like 1