• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Lightning 17mm hub conversion?

If they are already 17mm hex, I confused what your question was in the first place :blink:

If you got 17mm hex then all buggy/truggy rims will fit straight on :huh:

no he means it has a 17mm hex but doesnt have 17mm nuts

dont know if this is any help but i happened to see it on another forum

this is from a hop ups guide for the lightning stadium

or 17mm hex conversion, you need:

sportwerks mayhem buggy front stub axels - SWK3177

hot bodies rear stub axels - C8065

hot bodies hex wheel adaptors - C8040-2

hot bodies 3x17mm drive pins - C8096

if you can't get the sportwerks parts, use the buggy front CVD set and swap the stubs over. part #C8072

What neil said is true

it has 17mm hexes like the 14mm ones found on a savage but hasnt got the large holes found on buggy/truggy rims. I also found on my Lightning gt that it didnt like the dogbones upfront after the 17mm buggy axle conversion so i had to fork out extra for a pair of buggy + truggy cvd's which i stripped down and created 17mm truggy cvd's

So basically what your saying is I'd need Stadium/GT CVD's and Buggy CVD's, then I'd need to strip them and create a hybrid... Sounds expensive....

EDIT:

I've found something a bit cheaper than doing all that...

2330.jpg

:whistling:

Maximizer also make 17mm hex adaptors

Seems like the ref isn't the only one who needs glasses....

:P

Now roll on two weeks later! (That's when JE Spares get thier Maximizer orders in)

This is how...

Typical buggy style 17mm hex's VS Lightning GT 17mm hexes...

Thanks mate, just what I needed to know, makes you wonder why HB didn't just use the traditional Buggy 17mm setup anyway considering the application :huh:

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE

Right got the maximizer stuff today... It'd been nice if at least something had fitted <_<:angry:

The wheels collide with the top turnbuckle and hit the steering rod so they're no good, and as for the 17mm conversion the gt axle steps out by about 1mm and doesn't let the conversion piece get anywhere near the drive pin... :angryfury:

So, looks like I'm back on the 17mm conversion trail again...

hey bud ,heres an easy conversion and the cheapest yer gonna get, have a look at the new savage x.

got 17mm wheels mounted onto standard mt axles . just had this setup on my lightning stadium and it works fab.

in fact i 've got the setup for sale ,everything you need to mount 17mm wheels onto a lsp

i've changed over to proper 17mm setup with cvds and all. if yer interested give me an email

• 2 weeks later...