• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

baja clone side pipe with video

walters

Thanks....im looking for a high end pipe where poss....is it as loud as a dom? will it be suitable for a 23cc engine? and how is the fitting?

Thanks for your feed back.

if is cloned off the pro pipe will work but the tuned version would work better

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• 3 months later...

hi guys just got home from work and the clone side pipe as landed 1st the clone plating is very good better than it was on my clone dom the welding is very good as well i am very happy with it at the mo but don't know how well it will go may be buzz with test his b4 me a few pic and will do a pic later mounted to my Baja.

how come you got yours before me then?????

i ordered mine a day or so before you did

get it fitted and some piccys up

Gents,

I've noticed that these side pipes are now available on ebay from a UK seller, but they're a bit more expensive!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHROME-STEEL-TUNED-SIDE-PIPE-EXHAUST-HPI-BAJA-5B-5T-5SC-KM-INTEGY-PROJECTS-NEW-/251215210005?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item3a7d97e615

They also do another, but I am not sure what it is cloned from.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SILENCED-STEEL-TUNED-SIDE-PIPE-EXHAUST-HPI-BAJA-5B-5T-5SC-KM-INTEGY-PROJECTS-/221179107006?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item337f4d56be

What do your clone side pipes perform like compared to the clone dom that I have (along with many Baja owners)?

I've always wanted try a side pipe, but they are very expensive.

Cheers

Lakie

Not sure about the second one, i have the first one, it's extremly loud, the same if not slightly louder than a Clone Dom.

Fitting is easy....mine is on a bulk standard Baja 5B 23cc, not as quick off the mark as a Dom, but once it hits the power band in the middle if fly's top end speed so much quicker than a dom....sound great! excellent value for money.

I've got a G290 29cc 4 bolt zen & run 19/55 gearing so its pretty quick anyway, but I have noticed that it doesn't rev out with the Dom.

Had to run high gearing because it kept lifting the front wheels 17/57 & 18/56.

I guess I could drop back if I want more acceleration.

What's it like getting the b shell on with this pipe?

I saw the mod to the front mount, we have metal fabrication facilities at work so should be no prob to knock up the bracket.

Also would you say it's worth importing or just pay the extra 20 quid to get from uk stock.

Cheers

I'm also looking around for another pipe on my KM 3.0. Currently have the ghost pipe mounted which came with the car some 2 years ago.

Trying to compare several pipes like this side pipe and the dom clone from rcmodelz.

However the website from rcmodelz seems to be malfunctioning. At least does not open on any of my PC's. Anybody who can access their website?

Edited by dutchie

• 2 months later...

I currently have Hobbykings v1 Dom clone but i am looking at something with more top end. Been looking at these 2 pipes

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/baja-parts-baja-5b-SS-exhaust-pipe-side-pie-FREE-SHIPPING/606876730.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Baja-parts-Dragonfly-pipe-for-1-5-baja-with-Free-shipping/426499003.html

The first is the VRC clone discussed in the thread, are you guys still happy with ur pipes?

The second one is a clone on the Uber Predator v1 or v2, is anyone running one of those? :)