• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Armageddon - A ban on all modified cars

Bubbles

He probably does a lot less miles than you though, thus has less emissions over the year.

The only real fair road tax would be if it was abolished and put on the pumps, then the more miles you do and fuel you use, the more tax you pay. Simples.

road tax was abolished in 1937.

would this also mean all those politicians cars with bullet proof glass be illegal ? or is it because they are installed in a factory.

Edited by deejayy2k

He probably does a lot less miles than you though, thus has less emissions over the year.

The only real fair road tax would be if it was abolished and put on the pumps, then the more miles you do and fuel you use, the more tax you pay. Simples.

but we already have insane tax at the pumps, that would just make things worse.....

but we already have insane tax at the pumps, that would just make things worse.....

Think about it.

You wouldn't be paying Road Tax (sorry, vehicle excise duty :rolleyes:) separately, so unless you do massive mileages then you would potentially be paying LESS overall. Think about it logically.

Edited by DreXeL

sorry, what? a car, regardless of its use on the road, remains YOUR posession

no it isnt.....you are only the registered keeper

we all sign over to the DVLA like lemmings so they can tax,tax and tax us :)

http://www.whatdothe...right_to_travel

an interesting read

imo its another controlling,taxable ploy!

Edited by goldblades7

As I understand the law:

Your car is YOUR possession, and what you do with it is YOUR business - BUT - the dept of transport 'owns' the roads and if they don't like your car its not allowed on them. So you modify all you want, it just can't leave your driveway if you do!

The same goes for tax, MOT, insurance etc. A car driven around a field needs none of these and, provided you have permission to drive round said field there are literally no laws except basic public nuisance ones that can stop you. The law only kicks in when you hit the public highway.

You do have a free right to travel. However, that right does not extend to your car......

As I understand the law:

Your car is YOUR possession, and what you do with it is YOUR business - BUT - the dept of transport 'owns' the roads and if they don't like your car its not allowed on them. So you modify all you want, it just can't leave your driveway if you do!

The same goes for tax, MOT, insurance etc. A car driven around a field needs none of these and, provided you have permission to drive round said field there are literally no laws except basic public nuisance ones that can stop you. The law only kicks in when you hit the public highway.

You do have a free right to travel. However, that right does not extend to your car......

'Registered' is a latinised word derived from 'regis', the King. When you 'register' something, you pass title to the goods to the Crown. The Crown them permits you to keep the vehicle for no fee, and use it. Hence the exact legal phrase 'registered keeper', not 'owner'. The crown technically owns every car on the DVLA database, including yours, because when you registered it, you gave it away to the Crown.

This is why the Police can take the car and crush it, they are simply recovering the car on behalf of the owner, the Crown, and then crushing it for the owner. If anyone else did that, it would be theft, because the crown has not given free use of the vehicle to them, and they are not authorised corporate officers of the Monarchy UK PLC.

'Registered' is a latinised word derived from 'regis', the King. When you 'register' something, you pass title to the goods to the Crown. The Crown them permits you to keep the vehicle for no fee, and use it. Hence the exact legal phrase 'registered keeper', not 'owner'. The crown technically owns every car on the DVLA database, including yours, because when you registered it, you gave it away to the Crown.

So having regis-tered on MSUK, means MSUK owns all my RC cars and helis or the Crown owns them all? Or is that only if I use it on a road? lol

Seriously though, you're wrong. The registered keeper and the legal owner are 2 different things.

Sections 1 and 5 of the Certificate show the name and address of the

registered keeper (the current keeper).

The registered keeper is NOT necessarily the legal owner of the vehicle.

The registered keeper is responsible for the vehicle

I have been looking into this and this is my understanding:

The 'Log Book' or V5 is a created legal document that evidences (certifies) registration of a vessel. On the front it says ' UK certificate of registration', try looking for one of these for your person instead of your birth certificate!

The Corporation UK has Certified registration to - DVLA as named on the front!

The term 'ownership' literally means to 'own a ship' as anything that carries value and product is classed as a vessel. Your corporate fiction name is the vessel YOU get transported around in on the sea of commerce.

The dvla has ownership of every registered vessel. It appoints the registered keeper as agent or capatain of that vessel with full right of title holding.Why? Because you paid for it and them gave it too them for free!! So they give you the right to sell the car and take the money, the dvla know as soon as the person you just sold it signs the log book they have just re-registered it back to the DVLA. That is why there is a bold legal notice at the bottom where you sign stating that both parties must sign!!

So how do you 'de-register'? Well, its my view that you cant. Simply because I see it as a vessel and if you are asking to 'de-register' you are in there jurisdiction and they will claim right of ownership everytime!

It is my belief that we have been lead astray, by ourselves and others. We believe we can 'own' something and have a right to it being intrinsically ours when infact no man or corpaoration can claim anything as 'theirs' we are trustess of the future and writters of the past and share everything equally, all at once!!wink.gif

Ownership is in fact a commercial lien over the rights of a trustee or sovereign through a contract of transference.

The banks want us to put 'value' to evrything! All the things in our lives that are there because money we fear loosing, houses and cars kept under 'Lock and Key - Loch and Quay to stop the flow of current sea!

Sorry, getting carried away but i find it interesting!

• Like 1

You appear to have been spending too much time on 'above top secret' and other CT sites. I too looked into all this 'freeman of the land' stuff, and came to the conclusion that if you want to be part of a functioning society and not just some hermit in the middle of nowhere, it's all utter bollocks.

Step away from the tinfoil hat.

Edited by DreXeL

You appear to have been spending too much time on 'above top secret' and other CT sites. I too looked into all this 'freeman of the land' stuff, and came to the conclusion that if you want to be part of a functioning society and not just some hermit in the middle of nowhere, it's all utter bollocks.

Step away from the tinfoil hat.

I am very much part of a functioning society and certainly no hermit lol.

But there are certain rights that we have that are being taken away from us,hence this topic!

Oh and i cant see a tinfoil hat anywhere :tease:

Edited by goldblades7

In theory you can own a car thats never been registered - most track day only cars aren't registered. A car only gets registered to use it on the road, so if its never been or going to be on the road is doesn't need registering.

Registered keeper and legal owner aren't the same thing as mentioned. A car on a contract plan isn't owned by you (because you haven't paid for it yet) but it is registered to you. If you have a mortgage your house works like this too. The police can't legally seize and crush a car on a PcP programme - they can return to it the legal owner (Dealer/Credit firm etc) or get their permission to destroy it but since it does not belong to the offender it can't be taken as punitive punishment.

Edited by Si Coe

i think He is getting confused.

The DVLA don't care who owns the car. All they are concerned with is who is the Registered Keeper of the car. As the registered keeper is responsible for making sure that the excise duty is paid and the car is of a legal state to drive on a public highway. If you buy a car you get a receipt A receipt is a legal Document proving ownership due to Payment.