• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything Savage XS

.AJ.

On mine I never bothered with the 3s guidelines instead I would gear it for how and wear I ran .. The slipper should never be done up tight it will cause other problems in the drivetrain if you do!. It can be adjusted very easy without removing anything ! Get a 10 mm open end spanner the thinner the better it will just catch the slipper nut if you insert it from above where the radio box is now depending on if you want to loosen or tighten push the truck forward or backward a friction whilst holding the spanner .

If you find the nut keeps undoing a drop of thread lock should sort it out but let it cure overnight !.

My last XS would do standing backflips on 2s running a 3800kv motor using the proline gladiators great fun but kills the drivetrain

You may have had the slipper set loose before and chewed up the slipper pads if so there need replacing before you start the adjustment stage !

This is has it came to me from logicpaul, I have used it twice for around 5 minutes each time. I don't know why the slipper is done all the way up but I will look in the manual for how to set it up. He fitted new pads before selling it so I can't see them being burnt out? I will check them later.

Any other ideas while the gearbox is out?

My XS turned up today, secondhand off this fine forum :)

Only run it for a few minutes up and down the street on 2s but it's impressing me so far. :)

9D67E500-3570-482A-97BF-22AB5BEA65CB.jpg

6253933B-2EC5-412A-AF8E-433514A56005.jpg

When I turn a rearwheel the other pauses for a second then turns the other way

I'll rip it to bits tomorrow and find the culprit ,

Edited by bill79

When I turn a rearwheel the other pauses for a second then turns the other way

I'll rip it to bits tomorrow and find the culprit ,

I have seen this in mine, checked everything in the drivetrain and it turned out to be a stripped wheel hex.[emoji50]

Stripped it this afternoon found a few issues : slipper nut wouldn't tighten just spinning , bearings at the rear shot causing wear to the plastic mount , Servo is useless and cups have excessive wear managed to get it running by robbing parts from the front end for some rwd fun in the garden . Best start a shopping list lol!!!

Stock bearings are tut, don't last five minutes and seem to completely disintegrate without bothering to go through the rough and rumbly warning phase :(

Decent ones last much better, same with the HD drive cups which are a must have even for 2s.

When you rebuild the slipper, make sure you back shim, locktite or otherwise fix the slipper nut in place or it'll back off and you'll turn your new pads to dust in no time