• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything Savage XS

.AJ.

Well, I broke 2 driveshafts today again, both broke at the same place, the pin that goes through the joint. Tempted to try the Hot Racing drivers hafts, they're pretty much half the price of the HPI ones and surely can't be any worse?

Edited by The Dark Knight

Try backing your slipper clutch off a quarter turn. That should lessen the power being sent to the wheels a little on full throttle and hopefully break things a little less.

Try backing your slipper clutch off a quarter turn. That should lessen the power being sent to the wheels a little on full throttle and hopefully break things a little less.

Ok cool thanks, I'll try that. I've already got the esc settings wound down a bit, like the initial throttle power and initial braking force.

What are peoples thoughts on the Hot Racing driveshafts?

Well, I broke 2 driveshafts today again, both broke at the same place, the pin that goes through the joint. Tempted to try the Hot Racing drivers hafts, they're pretty much half the price of the HPI ones and surely can't be any worse?

Do you mean the centre ones, or the CVD's? As the CVD's are pretty poor quality.

Thanks :thumbsup: The tyres are HPI Ground Assaults in D compound on HPI Scorch rims. What part are waiting on? I can see me needing to order another couple lipo's soon, I only have two 2S lipo's which I also need for my 1/10 buggy for racing.

I was looking at them the other day , really need some new tyres + rims so i can have some traction off road as the stock ones suck , im waiting on a rear upright which should be here later today by the time i get back from college :yes: deffo need some more lipos though :thumbsup:

hey people, can someone link me to some Diff shims please? i still havnt done mine stupidly and i think ive blown one of my diffs and there's now a horrid metalic noise and its not as "punchy" as it used to be.

hey people, can someone link me to some Diff shims please? i still havnt done mine stupidly and i think ive blown one of my diffs and there's now a horrid metalic noise and its not as "punchy" as it used to be.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hpi-washer-10x12x0.2mm-10pcs-/rc-car-products/23741 i think these are the ones you need matey :thumbsup:

hey people, can someone link me to some Diff shims please?

Check in the bag of bits that came with your XS, you should find some there.

Are the CVDs only trouble on 3S or all the time?

Have got one of these on my mental shortlist for a new toy and was looking at the XS SS kit. One of the appeals of going with the kit was not paying out for a the duff RTR esc and getting the CVDs thrown in for a bonus. If the dogbones are more reliable then it starts looking like the RTR may be better value after all?

So far I have bent one, and snapped another dogbone. Cracked two drive cups.

Changed to CVDs and lost one pin on the first drive (probably it was not fastened properly), and have snapped one pin.

So still searching for a better solution...

Edit: I have a stock RTR running on 2s

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by OAKL

ive put lock tight on all my grub screws holding in the pin in CVD's and put heat shrink around them... and they still manage to pop out -.- not bent any yet though.. and thanks for that link (insert forgotten name here >.<) i have the XSss which doesnt come with that cool bag of goodies RTR people get.

You legend.. try find some bloody drive cups.. just broke my rear right one and lost a damn grub screw for the rear prop shaft :deadtongue:. so next week i gotta a shim set, a drive cup, and find a grub screw.. great

So... begging favours and advice (take pity! :) ) RTR with an ESC swap (thinking EZRUN WP-SC8) is going to be looking good?

Or have I underestimated the usual RTR issues and still going to be better off with the SS kit and putting a combo in there knowing that the CVDs are a bad plan?

I love my SC8 combo its been amazing.. but i would start from a Kit as your going to be swapping out the electrics anyway as the stock ESC is poop, and the servo doesnt like to steer under power (so ive been told). I went for the ss as i added up the cost of the hop ups that come with the ss over the RTR as i was going to get them upgrades anyway if i brought the RTR and it was much cheaper to buy the SS :D

Hope that helped... got a little carried away haha. just remember, they are not the strongest of kit.. but when they work.. boy there fun :D. Its like playing with a puppy rather then a 15 year old fat dog :xd: :xd:

Im running a sc8 in my xs and it has run faultlessly so far :thumbsup: very capable of throwing the xs around , finally got the part i was after but then lost a hex pin for one wheel so gotta wait to order some as i don't have any left :( (typical )