• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything Savage XS

.AJ.

How do you get the gens ace hard case packs to fit the xs? Looks like the battery leads will get in the way as they come out of the top instead of the side.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Bashed Thursday, no problems.....

Plugged battery in today and got stutter when throttle in pushed.

Twiddled with wires and get power. Intermittent problem, sometimes works, sometimes dies especially after jumps.

Lose wire/connection in the ESC has to be the problem.

Is this a sign of ESC failure, cos I want to send it back and let HPI investigate.

Bashed Thursday, no problems.....

Plugged battery in today and got stutter when throttle in pushed.

Twiddled with wires and get power. Intermittent problem, sometimes works, sometimes dies especially after jumps.

Lose wire/connection in the ESC has to be the problem.

Is this a sign of ESC failure, cos I want to send it back and let HPI investigate.

Sometimes i av the same problem only on first start up though after plugging lipo in, it stutters then all hell lets loose? Mine is 1 week old.

Naymo, I've emailed HPI customer services. On first names terms with most of them now...

Just to see what my options are. A replacement is likely just to blow again and again

I'd rather them repair the fault in my one or at least investigate why they're faulty.

Sc8 would be the easy option but at a cost to me....

Let us know how you get on, with regards to mine, i have just been giving it a once over after todays runout and on unplugging the motor wires i noticed that one of the motor connectors looked as if it had been arcing. cleaned it up and using a flat screw driver, ever so gently splayed the prongs apart to ensure a good fit in the esc.

I plugged a battery in and now no jitteryness just very smooth start up!!:D:D

P.s tried 3s and its just plain rude!

Naymo, I've emailed HPI customer services. On first names terms with most of them now...

Just to see what my options are. A replacement is likely just to blow again and again

I'd rather them repair the fault in my one or at least investigate why they're faulty.

Sc8 would be the easy option but at a cost to me....

The problem is that the ESC is pants. HPI must know this by now, but don't appear to be doing anything about it. All they will do is replace it, they won't even try and fix it. Your best bet is to get it replaced under warranty, then flog it on eBay and use the money you get against an SC8.

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk 2

Got my reply email.

To generate a returns number, they needed the maH and C rating of the batteries I use......???

Hmm, not sure what this has to do with it ;)

other than, " sorry sir, wrong battery = not covered"

I'm sure they'll love the fact I'm using 2s HPI plazma's as recommended on their website.

Got my reply email.

To generate a returns number, they needed the maH and C rating of the batteries I use......???

Hmm, not sure what this has to do with it ;)

other than, " sorry sir, wrong battery = not covered"

I'm sure they'll love the fact I'm using 2s HPI plazma's as recommended on their website.

Lmfao I got the exact same email today from hpi hahahaha and I too said I was using plazma's :-)

And my sc8 arrived today but I stuck it in the Exo instead :-) got a vapor coming this week and gonna order another sc8 next week cos they seem to be a decent bit of kit ;-)

But have a question for AJ.......

does your sc8 go reverse very slow? But very fast forward? I'm used to same power forward and reverse :-/

Edited by hebby

My SC8 goes the same forward and backward if set that way, but I currently have the reverse set to lower, 50% I think. Have you checked your throttle end points if the tx has them? Have you checked what the ESC is set to? You might also have to do a throttle calibration if you haven't done that.

So are there any success stories with the vapor pro esc? Because by the sounds of it folk have bought and paid good money for a rtr just to end up buying a sc8 esc???