• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Running a 5B with Traxxas tx/rx - any reason not to?

Noj

Chaps,

Our lasses B will be completed shortly (BL, as my SC) and I will be needing to fit the tx/rx gear - I may have a spare Traxxas 2.4Ghz system, are there any valid reasons NOT to run a B with this?

I know that the range is amazing (far better than the Spektrum system in my Losi Ten) but appreciate that as far as minor fettling goes, then you are more limited to what you can dial in with the Traxxas, however as I've basically had to replace more parts than I thought on this, I'm trying to keep costs down a little.....

I also have a spare spektrum rx that comes with the dx3S pack, so could fit this and purchase a suitable TX....

Any advice appreciated, thanks

No reason why you shouldn't run the B on Traxxas gear. Its rather unlikely the Baja with have an identity crisis about it!

The Spektrum receives can be bound to any Spektrum handset of the same type. So long as the handset you buy is designed to work with that type of receiver.

Yeah it will run fine of traxxas radio gear,,, All radio gear does the same job...

And +1 to the flysky gt3b.,... Fantastic radio gear...

I had a spektrum dx3s before, and it was terrible..

The flysky is cheaper but loads better in my opinion.... Never had a problem with my flysky..

The only thing that would concern me is wether or not you can use a kill switch with Traxas radio.

If you can, then no worries, if you can't then that to me is reason enough to not use it and look elsewhere.

I've got a Spekky 3s sitting about for my 5SC....however am hesitant to fit it as a) it receives a mixed response on the forum (but then that will always be the case with many rc products) and B) the Spektrum set up that came with the Losi Ten has awful range problems - tho it is actually better in the woods, than on the street???

As for the Traxxas gear, I have LOTS of it (look at my signature lol) plus as I've just smoked the esc in the Stampede (and actually require it's rx box for the SC) I may just shelf that for now and use the Tx and Rx in Deb's 5B, thereby saving some money....

Thanks for the input lads, I appreciate that the flysky's are getting good reviews and as you say, for the money they seem worth it, but tbh, another

I'm afraid i'm gonna have to say dont....

the traxxas gear is very basic... can you set steering end points?

If no... you will fry the big baja servo's fairly quickly... and thats not wallet friendly!!

Flysky gt3b or gt3c is the way to go... on all your kits :P

the receivers are

• Like 1

That's very helpful Joe, as I did wonder if the Traxxas was too basic in the way of being able to dial in parameters.... and no, you can't set steering end points with one AFAIK

Your advice always costs me money, damn you sir! :tease: :tease: :tease:

Ok, next question: of the many and varied happy folk in Hong Kong wishing to sell me their Flysky wares, can anyone actually recommend a seller they've purchased from....just takes the risk factor of getting a knock off down a peg or two

Ok, next question: of the many and varied happy folk in Hong Kong wishing to sell me their Flysky wares, can anyone actually recommend a seller they've purchased from....just takes the risk factor of getting a knock off down a peg or two

better than paying for a servo and a radio gear at the same time

Agreed Dan, just looking on the bay at the mo......reckon it will be better to put in 2 separate orders than one for both, as the smaller packages may slip under that duty net......