• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

baja 5b to 5t conversion?

nitroazza

Hi guys

As some may know, from my statuses recently. im saving for a baja 5b.. Now i really like the 5t's but the price of a 5b is already quite alot for me.. So i was wondering about converting it to a 5t in the near future...

anyone done this??? Whats involved?? and got any pics to show me please??

much be most helpfull

cheers

Dont bother with the touring car mate cos once you decide you wanna go off road you knackered :thumbsup: at least if you want to go on road with the 5B you just buy some tarmac busters and job done :thumbsup:

I have converted to a 5b after my conversion i have all the parts yoiu need including a custom pitbull kit instead of a bodyshell thats how it looks minus the flexi light pods as i have snapped them all

Pickering271.jpg

Pickering272.jpg

This will give you an idea of the complete parts list for a 5T conversion. All of it is genuine Hpi but things like wheels, tires, beadlocks, beadlock screws and foams you can get away with aftermarket parts.

Main Chassis Parts

Engine Guard # 85246

Body Mount Set Side # 85419

Stone Guard # 85247

Under Guard # 85425

5T Roof Guard # 85441

Body Mount Set FR/RR # 85417

Bumper Skid Plate # 85421

5T Bumper Guard Set # 85423

Wheels

Front Wheel Black # 3331

Rear Wheel Black # 3336

Tyres

Front Desert Buster Radial # 4437

Rear Desert Buster Arrow Tire # 4440

Inner Foams

HPI Front Inner Foam Soft/190x60mm #4804 (Wheelspin Models, Part# not found on MMR)

Rear Molded Inner Foam # 4818

Beadlocks

HD Beadlocks # 3242 (you will need to order x2)

Beadlock Screws

Beadlock Screws x25 # Z340 (you will need to order x4)

Bodyshell

Baja 5T Clear Truck Body # 7561

Drive Gear

HPI Drive Gear 19 Tooth #86482 (Wheelspin Models, Part# not found on MMR)

Dont bother with the touring car mate cos once you decide you wanna go off road you knackered :thumbsup: at least if you want to go on road with the 5B you just buy some tarmac busters and job done :thumbsup:

hmm i see your point.. But there are more places to drive on-road than there is off-road around near me...

plus.. I do love touring cars..

But im unsure..

hmm i see your point.. But there are more places to drive on-road than there is off-road around near me...

plus.. I do love touring cars..

But im unsure..

even tho you have more options with an off road that can become on road than an on road that will stay an on road :thumbsup:

so what im saying is a 5b is 2 in 1 rather than the touring car that will stay a touring car :thumbsup:

as said all you do is slip a set of tar,ac busters on and hey presto you got a road racer 5 mins later its an off road dirt buster :thumbsup:

Edited by hebby