• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi 5ive T ...........General thread

Supercharged

Just thought we should maybe start a general thread as there seems to be quite a new number of owners now .

I,m interested in up grading standard parts as we've all done on our Hpi 5B,s and other cars.

1.My first question was regarding those underbody screws , wether we run with them in or not ?

2.Clutch bell upgrade?

3.Tuned pipe , I,m looking at upgrading but would like some thoughts and recommendations

And theses probably loads if other questions too come

Rich

Rich - Responses in-line below!

1.My first question was regarding those underbody screws , wether we run with them in or not ? I run them on one of mine and not on the other. The jury is out but I think it makes no discernible difference.

2.Clutch bell upgrade? What for? What's wrong with the standard one? :)

3.Tuned pipe , I,m looking at upgrading but would like some thoughts and recommendatione I've go the Losi pipe (the

Edited by Carpmart

Just thought we should maybe start a general thread as there seems to be quite a new number of owners now .

I,m interested in up grading standard parts as we've all done on our Hpi 5B,s and other cars.

1.My first question was regarding those underbody screws , wether we run with them in or not ?

each to there own i suppose im just lazy so dont bother

2.Clutch bell upgrade?

seems ok to me although i am going to buy a vertigo bell as my lautbacher 4 shoe doesnt fit standard bell,my losi seems to love to eat standard clutch shoes also

3.Tuned pipe , I,m looking at upgrading but would like some thoughts and recommendations

well ive been running a bartolone pipe and have already broke a piece of my engine where its bolted and has cracked slightly around the weld (note im using the v1 with no bushes)

And theses probably loads if other questions too come

Rich

Edited by chris7star

Im looking at the Victory-RC Rear-Mount Tuned Pipe or maybe the Bartoline , not sure yet.

Got the Bartolone ..... Great pipe Sounds awesome .... But it is LOUD

• Like 1

The only Bartoline I can get is the silenced version?

I've heard that about those pipes causing damaged when rolled

Heard similar reports Have been keeping an eye out for cracks ect but been good so far

Heard similar reports Have been keeping an eye out for cracks ect but been good so far

make sure you get the v2 as ive the v1 and have cracked my engine already where its bolts although i love the sound LOUD

Edited by chris7star

yes i have savox 236's,sadly i get fade in a 30 min final. :( I plan to copy rovermans setup :thumbsup:

Well i ran 3 tanks back to back last Saturday with zero steering fade.

I fit the roll cage bolts

vertigo clutch bell with Lauterbacher clutch

And the Losi pipe is great value but if you have money burning a hole in your pocket, get the Samba. Best pipe by a mile :thumbsup:

List is as follows:

New pipe

New servos

Front screen

Probably tomorow lol

Dont bother with the screen. You want as much air as possible going to the engine

hi guys well as for the bartolone pipe ive cracked 2 heads useing that the v1,ive sold that and bought a samba way better than the bart and quiter to,for those who are looking for an exhuast stay clear of ones that bolt directley to the engine,i also run dual servo setup and its like a new truck all over again no servo fade :),stock clutch bell n carrier are just rubbish makes the clutch way to hot and the weld inside the bell is poor i snapped 1,i run the darksoul carrier with vertigo hex drive bell with 20t pinnion

hi guys well as for the bartolone pipe ive cracked 2 heads useing that the v1,ive sold that and bought a samba way better than the bart and quiter to,for those who are looking for an exhuast stay clear of ones that bolt directley to the engine,i also run dual servo setup and its like a new truck all over again no servo fade :),stock clutch bell n carrier are just rubbish makes the clutch way to hot and the weld inside the bell is poor i snapped 1,i run the darksoul carrier with vertigo hex drive bell with 20t pinnion

When you say the Samba is way better than the Bart, do you mean as in its not killing your motors OR do you mean that it performs functionally way better? If the latter, in what way?

Edited by Carpmart

When you say the Samba is way better than the Bart, do you mean as in its not killing your motors OR do you mean that it performs functionally way better? If the latter, in what way?

the bart for 1 is just to loud,the welds on the brackets split after a while,but it does give very good low power,the samba has nice smooth power from bottom all the way to the top and doest bolt directley to the engine which is good :)

Just noticed just above the bend on the pipe is hard up against the part of the roll cage

which pipe?

New Victory RC Pipe.....

41bad38c.jpg

88ef461d.jpg

that truck is way to clean lol