• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

which buggy to buy?

Chasman

as much as i like to be diffant and not buy what everyone else ahs got...i have to admid the virus looks really flimsy and low spec comperd to hyper...I also looked at the trerrier 2 and also the asmann duce...but the duce is a bit more costly i think...hyper is the THE begginer car...just like the TT01 is for many new peeps who wanna start leccy.

as much as i like to be diffant and not buy what everyone else ahs got...i have to admid the virus looks really flimsy and low spec comperd to hyper...I also looked at the trerrier 2 and also the asmann duce...but the duce is a bit more costly i think...hyper is the THE begginer car...just like the TT01 is for many new peeps who wanna start leccy.

hows it THE beginner car?

its down to personal choice and preference.

My advice would be to try find a Losi 8 for around that price or save a little bit more, u cant go wrong with a Losi, absolutely awsome buggys

Anthony he isn't a beginner and he's sick of fixing his bullet

Question to chasman are you looking for hard basher or a race car the ones you linked to most people wouldn't get either give us a bit more about what your after

(null)

Ofna have stopped selling the three hyper 7 options we have(UK) in America and have put the mach .28 engine into what looks like the black edition with a new look to the shell. Not sure if it comes with the savox that are in the currently available models in the UK. I did read into this before getting my hyper and I didn't want to wait and see if we are going to have the same single option and just got my black edition. Don't think it is worth the wait as they have only just changed to the savox setup. Although people wanting a bashing buggy may want to see if they are changing to the single hyper choice and get a cheep hyper when they clear the way for the new one.

Anthony he isn't a beginner and he's sick of fixing his bullet

Question to chasman are you looking for hard basher or a race car the ones you linked to most people wouldn't get either give us a bit more about what your after

(null)

im just looking for a good all round buggy, something that can be upgraded if needs be, fairly quick and strong so i dont have to spend most of my time repairing it and more time bashing.

The reason i looked at these two is because there easily in my price range, i did have a quick look at the hpi trophy, not really sure about it to be honest. after seeing some reviews they say its slow compared to the hyper, and to be honest where iv had so much trouble with my bullet its put me off buying another HPI... not to say there bad, i have a blitz for well over a year now and never broke a single thing.

If theres any buggys out there which you think may be worth comparing let us know mate, i have about

I'm kinda in the same position, so watching this thread with interest.

Have you looked at the hyper 8.5/9 and the losi 810 as well? (I have no idea what they are like, they are just on my possible list, so would be interested in people's thoughts)

Rob

i have owned my hyper for a fews months now , and to be fair it hasnt broke , all i have done is upgraded to T bones , cnc steering knuckles and some metal gear servo as i own the older model and i have bashed it , crashed it and raced it and to be fair i havent had to repair any thing , for me that says its a strong buggy ,

I'm kinda in the same position, so watching this thread with interest.

Have you looked at the hyper 8.5/9 and the losi 810 as well? (I have no idea what they are like, they are just on my possible list, so would be interested in people's thoughts)

Rob

I have mate, i think there more for racing than bashing, not that they wont make good bashers it just i think the 7 is heavier and more robust so would suit bashing better.

The losi i did look at, the sites iv seen it on have no stock at the moment and there seems to be no upgrades avaliable and very few spares

i have owned my hyper for a fews months now , and to be fair it hasnt broke , all i have done is upgraded to T bones , cnc steering knuckles and some metal gear servo as i own the older model and i have bashed it , crashed it and raced it and to be fair i havent had to repair any thing , for me that says its a strong buggy ,

Thats what im looking for to be honest mate, just seeing if theres any other options out there before i go for it. i have a mate who i go bashing with, his got a team ishma buggy (think thats what its called) and his never broken anything apart from the body and a pullstart and he goes abit mad with it, i would never jump my cars as hard as he does but it just takes it, had it for about 18months now and replaced a pullstart and a body, crazy really when you see the abuse the thing gets! thats what im looking for

If your bashing I'd go the truggy route buggys just aren't strong enough but if you do go hyper wait for new one and as far as them having savox servos that are the worst savox do so not so good and the hpi trophy I've heard are weak on the back wheel hubs keep snapping if I had the money I'd go losi 8t but I have to plug the team c stuff from smd to order check out the t8 well worth it it's the ansmann x8 but from je spares on eBay the have an x8 on best offer on eBay I'd offer

Edited by fatboyneil

http://youtu.be/8APyugW-wfU here is s video of mine hyper trying out the jumps , nothing special but your see from my bad landing on the wheels that you would of throught it would of broke , it was only jumping about 5/6 in the air , http://youtu.be/By5AkpMWQeU even with alittle friendy race around the track it can handle its self
  • Like 2

ok cool thanks for the info. that was the reason i bought the bullet st in the 1st place, people said truggys are best allrounders, they maybe and i may just of got a bullet that was made on a friday, i mean as far as chassis is concerned it is a strong peice of kit, and if there were more upgrades i would keep it and upgrade it rather than buy another rc. iv fixed it up this morning and will go test it, but i think this will be its last run for a while.

been looking at buggys for a while. ill have a little look on the bay later see if i can save a few quid buy a 2nd hand one, and then have money for upgrades such as servos etc or as you said wait for the new one to come out.

thanks for all your help people :thumbsup:

Chasman if you lived close i'd say bring an rc and i can show you my hyper (always good to touch and play before you buy).

Chasman if you lived close i'd say bring an rc and i can show you my hyper (always good to touch and play before you buy).

cheers dude, im going to do some research on all the buggys and decide what to get at the end of the month :thumbsup:

it took me 2 years to choose the right thing for me. there was funding issues and random other things that wasn't helping. The Hyper 7 Black was in the top three choices the hole way through.This is the list of considered Cars.

Hyper 7 Black

Hyper ST

HPI Trophy 3.5

HPI Trophy 4.6

HPI Savage X

Traxxas Revo 3.3

Traxxas Revo VXL(only electric and was going to buy before Xmas but TV broke and needed the money for that)

Traxxas Jato 3.3

Thunder Tiger MTA4

Ansmann Virus 2

Ansmann Terrier 2

Losi Ten T

As you can see there are lots of types in the list and to be honest for me I made the right choice and I'm glad I did take the time to consider everything.

it took me 2 years to choose the right thing for me. there was funding issues and random other things that wasn't helping. The Hyper 7 Black was in the top three choices the hole way through.This is the list of considered Cars.

Hyper 7 Black

Hyper ST

HPI Trophy 3.5

HPI Trophy 4.6

HPI Savage X

Traxxas Revo 3.3

Traxxas Revo VXL(only electric and was going to buy before Xmas but TV broke and needed the money for that)

Traxxas Jato 3.3

Thunder Tiger MTA4

Ansmann Virus 2

Ansmann Terrier 2

Losi Ten T

As you can see there are lots of types in the list and to be honest for me I made the right choice and I'm glad I did take the time to consider everything.

My choice as it stands at the moment:

• hyper 7
  • hpi trophy
  • ansmann virus

going down to my local hobby store next week to have a look at all 3 close up and decide then :thumbsup:

Another good thing to consider is can the LHS get parts and the fuel your wanting to use. as your not new to nitro you'll probly know what fuel you'll use. just out of intrest what do you use ???

the reason i got a hyper 7 was actually because a lot of people on here have them and me being new to the hobby i thought if i get stuck and need help i know theres plenty of people to help. i actually wanted a kyosho at first but looking back on it now i would not of been able to get the parts as easily so im glad i chose the hyper

just a bash of a growing rc channel. the man has a hyper 7 and a losi 810 both in the lower end of the price scale for buggies. the video's on this channel are getting better. sorry t throw another rc into the mix but feel free to check it out .

Another good thing to consider is can the LHS get parts and the fuel your wanting to use. as your not new to nitro you'll probly know what fuel you'll use. just out of intrest what do you use ???

I use monster juice 25% on both my bullet and RS4. its what they stock at my local store so didnt want to start swapping and changing after getting used to a certain type of fuel. I use any 16% on break in then once thats done i use the same fuel all the time.

Iv got 3 local stores, modelworld, TJD models and elite models so they will defo be able to get parts no problem for either the hpi trophy or hyper 7. the ansmann on the other hand ill have to find out about, not too sure, but can get parts from either modelsport, or wheelspin models if worse comes to worst