• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Not looking for an argument - but...........

Mike1970

i think a lot of people think the same

like you said if you have not tried racing you dont know the other side to the hobby my mate has done racing and he said to me its on of the best thing you can do with an rc

i am a basher because i dont have the fund and i think at the minute i am more danger to others and i dont think my car is any good for racing

What funds do you think you'd need for racing?

You wouldn't be a danger to anyone - if they're good enough they'll get round you.

Your car is fine for racing - 80% of racers started with a marder.

I was talking to Rover man about racing at nene valley, I wouldnt race my baja dude I would buy something more suited to the track.

It depends on how far you want to take it. Providing a car is safe (no uncovered pipes/carbon and a working brake) you can race it.

What funds do you think you'd need for racing?

You wouldn't be a danger to anyone - if they're good enough they'll get round you.

Your car is fine for racing - 80% of racers started with a marder.

i was think off a old horman so i would say 600-800 0n car then brca membership and race fees so another 50+

if you are wanting spar then get them over time but i would like a few set of tyres so another 100 -200

i would say around 1000

or i would get a mcd or ftx punisher

you could pick one up for around 600 pound then the other bits i said so any thing from 700+

dan

I was talking to Rover man about racing at nene valley, I wouldnt race my baja dude I would buy something more suited to the track.

Come up over the Easter weekend and get a feel for the place and what goes on. It's round 2 of the national championships and the EFRA European championships warm up combined - a good number of European drivers are booked in from what I can gather.

Vast sales numbers don't make a great product - just look at the Austin motego & maestro

Now that's just plain rude! How dare you cast aspersions on the Montego and Maestro? I had both. The Maestro gave me arms like Popeye trying to control the torque steer when the turbo spooled up! :) Happy memories!

• Like 1

Bashing you can go pretty much anywhere - within reason.

My local off road track is the Nook at wakefield 100 mile round trip, the furthest is 700 mile round trip and other inbetween. We visit 5 tracks over 8 race meetings and from Manchester it'll be the best part of 3000 miles if you do every meeting. Then you've got the Euros, GP's and invitational meetings.

You have the be prepared to travel.

i know you guys know you stuff and i dont feel like the marder will be any good for racing i know they are nippy thing but i tend to lock up and spin all the time that's why i think i am more dangers to other

another thing is i dont drive so getting to races is hard and my mum and dad dont think it is a good hobby because i have put a lot of money in to it and nothing looks to be any different

in my eyes a mcd or a ftx would be the best thing for me i have used a ftx and i think they are better suited to my driving style

to answer you first question on page one

how do i know you know you stuff because i have be on hear for a bit now and i know you race and also i know rover man races

when you a reading what people have said they get straight to the point and tells you what you need to know

plus i believe what you guy are say is true i know my marder is ok to race but it me that is letting it down

Next meeting at the Nook for me is 1st of July, I'll pick you up and help set your car up. All you have to do is pay your race fee -

Dan if you get yourself to the nook national on the Saturday you can have a few laps with my losi.

And as ive said your marder would be fine just to get you started. Bring it along and me or Mike will give it the once over for you.

Some of the most fun races were when i started with a Marder.

Bashing you can go pretty much anywhere - within reason.

My local off road track is the Nook at wakefield 100 mile round trip, the furthest is 700 mile round trip and other inbetween. We visit 5 tracks over 8 race meetings and from Manchester it'll be the best part of 3000 miles if you do every meeting. Then you've got the Euros, GP's and invitational meetings.

You have the be prepared to travel.

i am it my mum and dad that dont believe in the hobby

my dad is a bike nutter and will not miss a bike race on tv and my mum work every weekend so i cant get there

i do go to some race week end but that is only to watch and take photos

Dan if you get yourself to the nook national on the Saturday you can have a few laps with my losi.

And as ive said your marder would be fine just to get you started. Bring it along and me or Mike will give it the once over for you.

Some of the most fun races were when i started with a Marder.

Next meeting at the Nook for me is 1st of July, I'll pick you up and help set your car up. All you have to do is pay your race fee -

Can I take my Beetle :xd:

Yes providing it's safe, if for example you have an exposed pipe, get down to halfrauds and buy some body repair mesh and make a cover for it. BTW, no alloy bumpers or wings either.

• Like 1

you know what guy i am going take you up on you offer i will i am going to be 18 on may 29 so what the hell i all ways say to leerobo that i want to do it but i dont have the confidence to do it mainly because i dont want to hit some on and creak there car

i will get the bits i want and i will start racing if i can i will try to go to other event as well

rover man your offer is much appreciated but i would not like to know i was using someone losi and then crash i would fell so bad and would not fell good about it

You've never seen Dave drive have you..........

Yes providing it's safe, if for example you have an exposed pipe, get down to halfrauds and buy some body repair mesh and make a cover for it. BTW, no alloy bumpers or wings either.

Cool does it have to have good brakes as mine are pants?

we dont use brakes lol

Dan its not a problem your more than welcome to have a few laps, Ive not broke a thing in 3 full race meets so its good and strong.

Everyone there will be happy to help.

• Like 1

You've never seen Dave drive have you..........

we dont use brakes lol

Dan its not a problem your more than welcome to have a few laps, Ive not broke a thing in 3 full race meets so its good and strong.

Everyone there will be happy to help.

thanks guys you have gave me the drive to do it

i know every one at race meeting are happy to help and will point you in the right direction

Hey Dan when I was doing 10 scale touring car the owner used to say to me

" its called Radio controlled the key word being controlled" lol

my driving skills are any ting but controlled lol it a few twist of the wheel and a few pushes and pulls of the throttle

Cool does it have to have good brakes as mine are pants?

(5) BRAKES

Brakes are a free area for all classes; cars must be fitted with a braking system that is capable of both stopping the car and holding it stationary whilst the engine is running.

You must have one and it should really work - maybe it's something I can have a look at when you turn up.

• Like 1

(5) BRAKES

Brakes are a free area for all classes; cars must be fitted with a braking system that is capable of both stopping the car and holding it stationary whilst the engine is running.

You must have one and it should really work - maybe it's something I can have a look at when you turn up.

Better pass this on to covey then :whistling:

• Like 1