• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

marder (thing to know)

dlegend

ok so i got myself a marder and i am familiar with 2 stroke engines( used to race little 2 stroke bikes)

but what are the things to know and patch before i run it like gaskets air leaks an things like that

servos

wheels

pretty much everything

just asking because i dont want to take it out a ruin it first try lol

Take everything apart and check every last nut, bolt, washer, bearing and pin. Strip and rebuild the engine with new gaskets, seals bearing and piston ring. Do this and you know it'll be fine.

All parts available from Ross mod or Freeprawn racing.

theres an old saying - if it aint broke dont fix it, if your a hard basher you will break it - repair as and when it needs it parts are plentyful and cheap if you shop around

i needed a set of diff gears freeprawn

There is another saying - if you do it yourself, you'll know it's right.

This was the question asked

"just asking because i dont want to take it out a ruin it first try lol"

Unless you know the origin of the car i.e someone you bash with/you know him and the car - it's always best to go through it as the previous owner may have been a muppet.

Edited by Mike1970
  • Like 1

very true, you can usually tell if its been looked after, engine rebuilds are cheap with stock parts, i have in the past looked at right heaps, and bought a right heap as i wanted a project, cheap of course

but i get more fun out of building than playing

when i bought my car of mark one hear also he showed me it was running and every thing was working

i took every thing off and checked every thing but i did not take the engine to bits because i was new to 1/5

plus it is a good way to learn where every thing goes and how it work

and you can do the mess mods to the pull start and crankcase

i would recommend you do the same because you might find thing out that have been bodge so he or she could sell it

use lock tight on the engine mounts if the engine mounts are practice i would recommend you buy the aluminum engine mounts

also check all the grub screws are tight and if you can i would buy metal gears and make sure the messing of the gears are right

dan