• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

scx10 vs ax10

Hey guys, quick question, does anyone know if the c-hubs on the axial scx are the sam as those on the ax10?

The part No for the scx is ax80012 not sure about the ax10 tho, looking at aftermakret alloy ones and wondered if the ax10 ones will fit (come in better colours :rolleyes:)

Cheers, Scott.

no worries fella, make finding parts easier......

what you after?? rcmart/dinball on ebay did do a lot of bits for the ax10.

dont be put off by no name stuff either, 3 racing, hot racing, strc to name a few are all good, if you swap the front axles c-hubs, knuckles and fit cvd`s you get more steering lock too :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Oh thanks matey, had no idea, will check them out, im chasing the alloy c-hubs, as i broke mine, but will do the knuckles/steering hubs while im there and the rear axle adapters too :D

any brand cvd ok? or is there a particular one?

cheers!

ive bought quite a few bits from them, price is about right to be honest mate, dinball/rcmart is cheaper but he is hit and miss with his stock just lately.

no worries mate, glad to help :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Sorry to jump in on this thread but Big Gaz seems to be quite knowledgable on this subject. I was just looking at RTR Rock Crawler's on the MS website. Basically there are 4 to choose from, in my price range. Would you say the the Axial AX10 is worth the roughly twice the price of the Scout? Is it a better crawler? The other two are the Ansman Rock Ruler and the Losi Nightcrawler. Which is best in stock form? The Scout seems such a bargain.

hi mate, no worries fella, ill always help where i can.

if the axial ax10 is in your price range go for it!!

the ansmann rock ruler is utter rubbish.

the losi night crawler is ok but the worm drive axles are very power hungry, to get the best out of them requires upgrading to brushless power costing a lot in the long run.

the maverick scout is a great bit of kit, it has a few little niggles out of the box, dont get me wrong, any r/c can be improved. and for the money there great.

but after nearly 4 years of running axial, nothing comes close, ive had ax10`s (3 of) scx10`s (6 of) and a wraith.

is it a pure crawler your after?? with a bit of setting up a scx10 can get to the same places a ax10 can plus have the "scale factor" if you like that.

only downside to axial is there electrics are mediocre, there ok but you will soon want to upgrade them.

if theres owt else i can help with, please feel free to give me a shout. :thumbsup:

is it a pure crawler your after?? with a bit of setting up a scx10 can get to the same places a ax10 can plus have the "scale factor" if you like that.

Hi mate, thanks for your info. Think I'll give the Ansman a bit of a wide berth then! I do like the scale look, especially that body that looks like a Defender, Dingo is it? I think the price of the Scout though is drawing me towards that to be honest. Some great pics up on the forum lately of crawlers, I might have to splash some cash!

yep, the dingo kit is fantastic mate, add some weight to the wheels as you build it and your away, nothing comes close, the scout is fantastic for the price though, but id still spend my money on a axial......

Stick some 2.2"s on a standard SCX and it will generally outcrawl a standard AX10.

Why?

Because it has a better COG, and better geometry on the axle to chassis link`s.

Edited by igbandy

Stick some 2.2"s on a standard SCX and it will generally outcrawl a standard AX10.

Why?

Because it has a better COG, and better geometry on the axle to chassis link`s.

now you see guys, member igbandy is a sclae/crawler guru, he taught me a hell of a lot about thiese.

he knows what he is on about too :thumbsup::thumbsup: