• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

DannyP's Tekno'd 8ight T 2.0 E

Yeah was a good day! Dan was toying with the idea of sending his Baja through the trees! Looking forward to seeing your Vorza :) Hope the weather is good for the weekend! I might pop out Thursday if you do, let me know.

Was good fun :) I will make it over the trees, will make or get a ramp!

Damn, I want to have a go at that, looks like fun.

How are the tyres holding up on the Proline wheels? I have the XTM's on the standard Losi wheels and constantly having to re-glue them.

Word of advice though, don't run them on tarmac however tempted you may be, gosh they wear fast. New set of tyres and wheels to be ordered this week

Damn, I want to have a go at that, looks like fun.

How are the tyres holding up on the Proline wheels? I have the XTM's on the standard Losi wheels and constantly having to re-glue them.

Word of advice though, don't run them on tarmac however tempted you may be, gosh they wear fast. New set of tyres and wheels to be ordered this week

I have put 6 LiPo's through the 8ight with the new rubber and no signs of the tyres coming off yet. Grinders are a perfect fit on the VTR's. Be sure to key the wheels and tyres before glueing :thumbsup: The Grinders are rather soft and with BL power I can imagine they would turn to slicks in no time on tarmac. When these wear out I will get another set. Great combo!

Today's bash lasted all of about two minutes! Was just lining up to hit a jump and the power just went!.... MMM is dead :cussing2: No smoke, no bang! Nothing! Power still goes to the Rx and servo works as normal but no beeps, lights or fan :huh: Tried linking with the Castle Link but doesn't register?... Gutted to say the least :crybaby:

im gutted for you mate! as u know ive gone to brushless and i dont want this to happen! even thou the vorza ive brought has had some sort of fire on it before as its black on the inside of my shell... and he did say its had a brand new mmm and moter from hpi and i guess he desided to sell it after it was all repaired!

short runs seem to sound like a plan!

That looks mental! Watch the ESC and motor temps as the bigger wheels will gear the FDR up :thumbsup:

Not sure what to do about a new ESC if I can't get an exchange :( Get another MMM or something different?

Ez run 150a. :thumbsup:

Always takes less than a week to arrive from this guy.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3cb4a553bd

Dont castle fix them needless of warranty for $70 or something?

Thanks for the link bud I will definitely consider getting one of those, can't grumble at that price. Is there a program card or software for those ESC's?

Who I got the MMM from has kindly offered to contact Logic to see what they say which is very kind of him :yes:

I got a 150A xerun on the trophy, pretty much the same as the ezrun but another cheap option from ebay

oh yeah mate was u down riverside a few nights ago, im sure i saw a red losi down there?

Is the XeRun the blue ESC? Im not keen on the blue :rolleyes:

Riverside? Do you mean Woodmill? Yeah I was down there Friday evening, went for a walk along the river and took the 8ight with me. Had a good blast over the pitch and putt :D

yeah blue one bro. i don't mind the looks as long as it works lol. must have been u sat on the bench then mate, walked past and looked down too see the car :)

Edited by dtokez

Yeah we were sat on the bench, you ever taken any of your R/c's down there? Beauty of leccy, you can take it anywhere and no one complains :D

Been looking at ESC's. Liking the Tekin RX8 :yes: Its says it a 210a ESC :o or have I read it wrong? My LiPo's are only good for 200a so if I got one would I need new ones?

No you wont as your motor went draw anything like that 120a tops.

Not supposed to be very reliable them rx8's get an Ez run!

Oh right I see, thanks :thumbsup:

Fingers crossed I can get a replacement MMM

Just bought a EzRun and program card, hurry up postie :D

link danny plz for the ezrun :)

I just bought what Dom linked on the previous page bud :thumbsup:

i would get an Xerun tbh but thats me

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3f0415ed5a

8 days for it to arrive.

edit: what happened to ur esc Danny ?

Why would you choose the XeRun over the EzRun? I don't like the blue on the XeRun :rolleyes: I know im a fussy :whistling: Dom said the seller I bought the EzRun from arrives in under a week :hahadance:

I have no idea what happened? It just stopped working :cussing2: Didn't even smoke or catch fire :huh:

I have both the XERUN and EZRUN version, In a buggy i would go for the xeurn less space taken up and can run sensored (have these in my hyper and losi)

The ezrun is a lot bigger and does not run sensored however in a truggy space isn't an issue and the way i see it is bigger so should have better cooling etc. :xd:

You can get both from rcmodelnet everything i've bought from him (5+ orders) have came in less than a week. :thumbsup:

I didn't even think to check the dimensions :xd: Just looked and compared it to the MMM, damn its huge!! Lucky space isn't an issue for me...... Although it will over hang the ESC mount quite a bit... I will be chuffed if it comes by the end of the week :D