• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Losi 8ight Flywheel Size?

Wattser

Guys,

I have a new Losi 8igth 2.0 and the Flywheel is really small in size and barely makes contact with the wheel on the started box. What can I do to make more of the starter box wheel contact the Flywheel?

Can I adjust the the contact point on the started box?

Would buying a new wheel for the Starter box help as its slightly worn?

Could I replace the flywheel?

Thanks in adavance.

John (Newbie ish).

Also:- Are you definitely pushing down on the glow exciter rather than the rear wing . As the chassis may dip enough to "switch on" the starter box but the proper contact may be taken up with the wing flex.

Do you definitely have a starter box flywheel on the engine, pull/roto start systems may use a flywheel that is a tad small for your purposes.?

The slot for the flywheel on the chassis may benefit from a SLIGHT enlarging

• Like 1

Bradley@BMM - yes is iot the RTR version of the Losi. I have heated it up with hairdryer and heat gun it just does not seem to have full contact with the Flywheel.

Soup - The starter box came with the Losi when I bought it from new so I am pressuming they have been designed to work with each other? I am definately pushing down on the glow exciter. I will check the slot sizes etc when I get home from work. There just does not appear to be significant contact.

Got same truggy and starterbox as RTR package Is the belt and drive cog ok Managed to strip mine Replacement came upgraded as metal cog so defo a weak point

Wound second advice on pushing on glow plug to start as chassis dose flex quite a bit

Alignment pegs can also move giving poor contact Hope this helps

• Like 1