• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

UberRC Win at LSOR.....

Mrp

Well what an awesome 4 days at the LSOR event in essex.

Great bunch of guys covering all classes from 2wd buggy to 4wd outlaws and most importantly the new Short Course class.

This was of particular interest to us as were busy developing some awesome new upgrades for the Losi 5IVE-T right now.

It was a decent turn out for the Losi crew and early on in the practice sessions on friday we hit the sweet spot with our setup and consistently hit laps throughout the day.

Saturday saw us in qualifying heats (5 in total) which ended up with us being in 5th with x3 W5s in front and Darren head of the grid with his Losi, Darren being the 1/8th scale world champion and full time driver for Losi so we knew we werent doing too badly.

Sunday was finals day and our 1 race of the day was at the very end but for many spectating and involved was a true highlight of the weekend with close tight racing on what was by then a carved up and brutal track.

The 30 min race started and we got tangled up on the first lap badly, but a cool head and consistent lapping saw our Losi carve through the competition and outlast the MCD W5 cars. Some argey bargey took place but this is off road largescale after all and on the tight technical sections our setup really paid off well. As we hit the finish line i had no idea where we had finished so for several mins i didnt know how we had positioned.

Im happy to say we took the top spot and as far as i know pulled 2 laps on 2nd place.

We did get a bit of luck with Darren pulling out due to his missus going into labour (good timing for us & congrats to Darren on the new baby) and the W5s not lasting the race due to failures but all in all a top notch setup and a well prepped car saw us take the silverware home.

Massive thanks to all who made this event such an awesome time from the drivers to the pit guys to the organisers and to the staff at the Eq centre who allowed us to make a right proper mess of their beloved indoor horse arena. Heres a few pics, more will follow once i have them.

Cant wait till the next one and we fight to retain the SC title.

Mrp ;)

photo%201.JPG

photo%202.JPG

photo%209.JPG

Trophy.jpg

What a fantastic weekends racing, A big well done on the win.

Was more than happy with a 3rd place finish saying i only got my losi late friday evening.

Roll on the nationals

least you was not second then you as the first loser

well done on the win

I did an on board video during one of my qualifying sessions which will be a great vid, im just waiting on the file from Adam and ill edit it up and get it on my Youtube, once thats done ill shout about it.

In the meantime heres a few more pics from Andy...

Mrp ;)

LSOR_0004.jpg

LSOR_0026.jpg

LSOR_0072.jpg

LSOR_0116.jpg

LSOR_0128.jpg

LSOR_0145.jpg

LSOR_0147.jpg

LSOR_0154.jpg

LSOR_0156.jpg

• Like 1