• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Nitro buggy keeps cutting out

Slacky

I'm not going to get it if it's not going to be any good, where can I find out about everything it needs to be?

Thanks for the help hopefully I'll get there soon

here this is the exact replacement glow plug for you wildfire buggy

http://www.elitemodelsonline.co.uk/Products/Aircraft/Starting-and-Field-Equipment/Glow-Plugs/207-/QWIKFIRE-GLOWPLUG-WARM

so order this one and plug it in and your buggy should work

ive ordered it, just out of curiousity how did you know it was the right one? also need a new glow starter the one we got bent wheres the best place for one of these and any kind?

i was on google for about 30 mins looking around and i found this http://radiocontroll...wplug-warm.html at the bottom it says wildfire nitro

and the link i gave you was the exact same product but just from a uk site....so after you get your glow plug put it in and tune, and if you need more info on tuning look at videos on youtube theres lots.... and if you tuned it and somethings still wrong take it to your local hobby shop and ask them it look at it for you....and if you need any more help just ask....and yes any glow starter will work, you can get them on ebay or at your local hobby shop or most online hobby shops

chris

Edited by snchris1

thanks ill order that one, hopefully get them on tuesday and get the car up and running

ive heard to use after oil, what does this do?

after run oil is something you put in the engine after use to prolong the engine life and other things. did you get the glow plug i told you to get or a different one....glow plugs are all different, the look the same but arent...and if it is the glow plug it old you to get increase the idle a bit and if its a cold day the engine might cut off

Slacky you from notts if so try pbm racing up guiltbrook good little shop also are you worming your engine up with an air dryer before you try to start it

I've just brought a firestorm from them. Just trying to sort it out myself first last resort take it to him

If you take it up ndor on Saturday someone there might be able to help if your not far from bestwood I might be able to come and help you

(null)

I'm going to have a little mess around with it tomorrow see if I can sort it. How can I tell if the carbs blocked?

Good question the way I checked was to Unhook the exhaust put fresh fuel line to engine and blow down it and feel the exhaust outlet to see if I could feel it the other way I heard of was spray plenty of wd40 into it but putting nitro fuel in where the air filter goes can also work just make sure it's gone before you put air filter back on

Edited by fatboyneil

Wouldnt put anything into the carb don't know what damage you could do but spraying wd40 will shoot out exhaust port if it's all clear and blowing in fuel inlet tells if that's blocked but if it's firing up it ain't blocked it's just a matter of setting up right before you try to start it

(null)

Wouldnt put anything into the carb don't know what damage you could do but spraying wd40 will shoot out exhaust port if it's all clear and blowing in fuel inlet tells if that's blocked but if it's firing up it ain't blocked it's just a matter of setting up right before you try to start it

(null)

Cheers I'll give it a try tomorrow, what could it be to make it start for a second if that then cut out ? I've put it back to base settings ? Could the carb be to closed ?

if you have a wire brush, snip off a brissle. use the brissle to probe out the jet on the hsn. its possible old fuel has congieled in there and is causing your blockage. also are you sure the lsn is set right? what you describin can be caused by an oober lean lsn