• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My first run away.

loftuz

Well, I've often wondered what it would be like to see your pride and joy run away at full speed with no control what do ever. Well today I found out exactly what it's like. I hump pack came out after hitting a bump at full speed.

As soon as I realised what was happening I started running like a loon! At 1 point I thought it was gonna hit a tree, it misses that so thought it would hit a goal post, pisses that and then went out of sight.

At this point the car was about 200 metres away from me.

As u got closer to the crash site I saw a dyke full of water.

My heart sank, surely I'm not that unlucky an I? I look all down the dyke but no sign of my hyper 7. I then noticed a big pile of leaves next to a metal security fence, and then I see it. From the pile of leaves I noticed a very muddy, yet remarkably good condition rear wing.

I pulled the car out and to my astonishment, the car was in one pice. No broken wish bones, bandaged servos or anything. Amazing, the leaves must have slowed the car down before it hit the fence.

Had to scowler the field for the hump pack, 20 mins later it was found. Just finished re soldiering it back up. Now all up and working.

Moral of this story.

Always remember to cable tie ya battery back in once you've removed it! Doh

:(

Edited by loftuz

Well, I've often wondered what it would be like to see your pride and joy run away at full speed with no control what do ever. Well today I found out exactly what it's like. I hump pack came out after hitting a bump at full speed.

As soon as I realised what was happening I started running like a loon! At 1 point I thought it was gonna hit a tree, it misses that so thought it would hit a goal post, pisses that and then went out of sight.

At this point the car was about 200 metres away from me.

As u got closer to the crash site I saw a dyke full of water.

My heart sank, surely I'm not that unlucky an I? I look all down the dyke but no sign of my hyper 7. I then noticed a big pile of leaves next to a metal security fence, and then I see it. From the pile of leaves I noticed a very muddy, yet remarkably good condition rear wing.

I pulled the car out and to my astonishment, the car was in one pice. No broken wish bones, bandaged servos or anything. Amazing, the leaves must have slowed the car down before it hit the fence.

Had to scowler the field for the hump pack, 20 mins later it was found. Just finished re soldiering it back up. Now all up and working.

Moral of this story.

Always remember to cable tie ya battery back in once you've removed it! Doh

:(

Dont that too!

I had a Huge open field empty construction area near me

I went up one day, again the battery Came loose WOT it went.....

LUCKILY the car flipped i think or the engine mounts moved, so it sat there redlining and stopped......

I switched it off - wiped the sweat off my head

Walked home stiff legged as the shock my legs went through

your heart sinks, the hyper could have easily got the up Hill and onto the main road onto 2 dual carriageways :(

I was dying inside :(

I've used alot more velcro straps now tho :)

ziggy

Hi.My 3.3 maxx went awol. I bought some CHEAP batteries from morrrisons.One of 'em failed in the tx. The truck went off at about 45 mph(it'd gone into 2nd) .It hit an ant hill,got about 12 feet up :/. Landed on it's wheels & carried on.It carried on it's merry way for about 300 yds,then dissapeared into a ditch. So glad it had a roll cage :)

lol i just tried my new hpi bullet today after break-in and guess what problems occured :( the controller would disable and the car will speed up and drive away :( anyone with a quick fix? it has fail safe so shouldnt that prevent it?

thx

Yes it will, that's the whole point of a return spring. Granted, some servos aren't able to be pulled by a return spring but most can.

Yes it will, that's the whole point of a return spring. Granted, some servos aren't able to be pulled by a return spring but most can.

a return spring wont do anything if the servo locks open to full throttle, nor will a failsafe, i know this first hand as it happened to me twice,, both with savox servos, the second time my engine was left with no compression what so ever but luckily cml replaced the servo for a better one and replaced my conrod and piston

• Like 1

I wasn't talking about locked servos, I was talking specifically about lost battery/battery failure. You are talking about a failed servo, which isn't what happened to the guy in the original post.

So my comment still stands, in HIS situation a throttle return spring would have stopped his runaway.

The best option is a failsafe and a return spring.

Edited by DreXeL

Ive got a fail safe, but as mentioned before, hat won't help if your battery comes out.

I could have kicked my self. Thank to a 1p cable tie, I could have prevented all of this.

Tbh, im not sure my throttle servo would handle a return spring. I've just got a standard hoboa servo on there. It's got no power what so ever, I would imagine the spring would have more pull than the servo. :o

ive had this too in my x1cr battery came un connected after a landing next thing it was trapping across a football field no target till the other side where there was 1 tree and it hit it mind you if it didnt hit that there was a road then a field full of horses so think it was lucky really.

Another vote for a fail safe. I've wrecked a nitro engine for exactly that reason - battery pack failed, throttle stuck on, car got stuck against something, engine on full throttle. Conrod broke, piston broke. New engine time, as it was cheaper than to rebuild it.

What you want is one of these http://www.killerrc.com/products/nitro_killswitch.php A nitro kill switch :D Gav

I see this wicked bit of kit, but could you explain how it cuts off the engine in say the battery in car fails or comes out all together~? It runs of the power of the rc, so with n power how does it work?

The valve is always in a closed position and needs power from the battery to keep it open so if the battery is disconnected it automatically closes and stops the fuel flow. I have one fitted in my x1x. If you have a third channel on the transmitter you can use it to switch it off or you can just turn the transmitter off if it hasn't.

Edited by sunny1975lucky

The valve is always in a closed position and needs power from the battery to keep it open so if the battery is disconnected it automatically closes and stops the fuel flow. I have one fitted in my x1x. If you have a third channel on the transmitter you can use it to switch it off or you can just turn the transmitter off if it hasn't.

I see I may have to order me one, idk if the 2.4 GHz system on the trophy has a failsafe.....

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk

This will help you buddy <br /><br /><br /><a href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=E-BeyR6Tk3Y' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://www.youtube.c...d&v=E-BeyR6Tk3Y</a><br /><br /><br /><br />Gav
<br /><br />.

Thanks dude.

Edited by I_AM_L3G3ND_90

I see I may have to order me one, idk if the 2.4 GHz system on the trophy has a failsafe.....

A failsafe will do nothing if the servo is stuck open !

Thats why killswitches was designed lol

Gav