• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Erevo motor temps and gearing question

vwsplitty

Hi

Just took the erevo out for a blast and wanted to ask your thoughts about my motor temps and gearing.

Right it has 20/54 gearing,tork 2200 motor,big joe 40 series wheels and it's running 5000mah 2x 3s lipos.

I run it for around 20/30 mins with lots of starts and stops as it was really a bit area but was off road so I guess it had a work out.

When I tested using a type k touch probe I was getting a motor temp of 74c and a battery temp of 26c.

Now are these temps to be expected given the info about? Am I running a too high temps? Should I change the gearing?

I have 24 and 20 pinion and 54 65 spur.

Thanks Pete

75C is too hot. For those tyres I think it is overgeared.

Put the 65T spur on there, should be about right.

Interesting how the batteries are so cool though, with overgearing they are usually very hot.

Certainly not under geared though, as I run smaller wheels and around the same gearing and my batteries and ESC get fairly hot. Motor is about 65C.

Edited by revorocks

75C is too hot. For those tyres I think it is overgeared.

Put the 65T spur on there, should be about right.

Interesting how the batteries are so cool though, with overgearing they are usually very hot.

Certainly not under geared though, as I run smaller wheels and around the same gearing and my batteries and ESC get fairly hot. Motor is about 65C.

Should I also keep the 20t pinion?

• 4 years later...

Sorry to bring up and old thread but as I have said in a few other posts be away a while and it seems like I have forgotten most things but luckily the people on here are all very helpful.

Took this out today to have a spin and my pinion gear can loose and it got me thinking about this question again.

Now I didn't get much run time only about 10mins but what kind of temperature should I be looking at on my motor with the same combo as before but now a 20t pinion and 58t spur gear?

And one side question is does anyone know what size screws are in the end of the motor holding the back plate on I have one missing and want to replace it.

As always thanks for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk