• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

macnum help

adam180t

hi my friend who i take ma car out with has an ansmann macnum everytime he uses it something brakes hes only ran 7 battries and the rear diff gear box has shredded twice 2 spur gears esc reciever are these cars really that bad

hi my friend who i take ma car out with has an ansmann macnum everytime he uses it something brakes hes only ran 7 battries and the rear diff gear box has shredded twice 2 spur gears esc reciever are these cars really that bad

My mate has one as well which he built last week , we went out on Saturday and there was no problems , he even ran it a 3s lipo for a while ,seemed pretty good to me

to behonest they arnt the best of cars the plastics like butter and if you slightly oven tighten a screw thats it the superglue is required,

has he upgraded the bushings to bearings?there is alot of movement with the bushings in which would explain the gears die'in,as for spurs that would be the mesh been to tight or too loose or the motor hasnt been done up tight for it to move and do the damage.

not sure on the esc what happend to it did it over heat what?same goes for the rx what happend to it?

Edited by ch!ef

Hi mate I had a macnum too and Mine was breaking just like that. I went through a few gears, rear arms, snapped the chassis. I ended up getting a new gearbox for it as I thought that may be the problem on mine but then got rid of it as it wasn't up to the bashing I do. Some people love them, a lot think they are a pile of cheap rubbish and that includes me. I got a rustler after that and it has been going near 2 years now and all I broke was the rear shock tops and that was when I was trying to push it to the limit

i dunno it jus seems to be made out of cheese sorry about the scarce info the esc was really strangeit would go but if u let go of the trigger it would shoot off backwards was quite ammusing me running after it lol its jus its not actually had more than two batteries run and it needs to be fixed again i set the car up so i know all the spur pinion are all ok

I disagree, have you built an Ansmann Macnum then ?

Yes i have actually, more than a hand full of them, Also build, madrats, virus 2.0, royal flash, hot rod and x2 pro's...

Alot, and i mean alot of mates own ansmanns, i always build their kits for them, they hate it, i love it....

i dunno it jus seems to be made out of cheese sorry about the scarce info the esc was really strangeit would go but if u let go of the trigger it would shoot off backwards was quite ammusing me running after it lol its jus its not actually had more than two batteries run and it needs to be fixed again i set the car up so i know all the spur pinion are all ok

if its going in to reverse then that will be the trim on his tx thats been knocked most likely set it back to neutral and set up the esc again it will be fine.

I disagree, have you built an Ansmann Macnum then ?

i have and i agree they dont look like cheap plastic but they are weak,when i had a macnum it was wabbly bought a bearing kit for it which helped alittle in the gearbox and wheels but couldnt afford to upgrade the shocks at the time which was priority as they were alibaba! the tops kept popping off ended up selling it on.

oh yeah... everyones experiences may differ mate... Wierd enit...

Ive been in the hobby for just over 12 years now, so have built a fair few models from kits....

Sadly there is always some kits weaker than others...

Out of all the Ansmann's. my personal best has to be the mad rat...

Very good price, good radio gear with it, gears handle brushless and lipo very well.

The Macnum's just a Madrat with bigger wheels though!

Anyway - the biggest problem with Ansmann's, all of them really but especially the 2wds, is that they ARE cheap. They don't look cheap, but they are. Unfortunately people look at them and compare the spec to other, more expensive models and figure they are a bargain.

People think the Macnum is a cheap alternative to a Rustler, or the Madrat a cheap B4.1. So they buy them and they use them just like they would the more expensive models, then wonder why they break!

In essence, the Madrat/Macnum RTR's are the very best RTR's you'll get for under

Edited by Si Coe