• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything Losi 8ight T

cyronn

How's the plastic spur holding out so far?

I've gone down from the 50t to a 48t to help with my gearing options, might even try the 46t.

I will break 80mph when it gets a bit warmer and with road tyres (belted)

Seb - what do you intend doing with it once it's completed, speed or throwing it up in the sky?

well at the moment the plastic spur on 6s holds up a treat tbh, minimal wear on the spur after 3 runs. I did take that motor cradle out tho which Matt N advised me to do, which probably did help. it does get hot though lol i put my finger on it to check haha.

I have ordered a 2s nano 6000mah 65-130 lipo from HK for my truggy wanted to see how long it took, then I will order another one for 4S, plus my way of thinking of I ordered a couple straight off I probably get hit by customs.]

edit: also ordered a rcr hardened 18T pinion.

Edited by cyronn

I have ordered a 2s nano 6000mah 65-130 lipo from HK for my truggy wanted to see how long it took, then I will order another one for 4S, plus my way of thinking of I ordered a couple straight off I probably get hit by customs.]

edit: also ordered a rcr hardened 18T pinion.

I always order my lipos in 2

How comes you didn't opt for one 4s nano? Surely it's cheaper in the long run and only have to charge once!

I'll be painting a new shell this weekend, any suggestions of colours?

As this is my 2nd go, I might go for 3 colours this time.

My last one was mainly black as I wanted a stealth look, but think I might go bright this time round.

My last one

3d4e32e6.jpg

64067c5b.jpg

da376c47.jpg

maybe try out 2 fluorescent colours like yellow green, or yellow blue.

editL where do you get your mask's from please mate ?

I got the masks off the bay for the black shell.

I liking the green idea, might do it mainly green with some black and silver detail

I got the masks off the bay for the black shell.

I liking the green idea, might do it mainly green with some black and silver detail

thanks, sounds like a interesting choice of colours/

Thats a cool shell :thumbsup:

I got my bits on order I cant wait to finish this :yes:

I still need a shell but that can wait until its all running well

awesome what lipos are you planning on using.

Hello guys, im looking for some advice and opinons from the 8ight T owners. I have decided to leave the world of petrol to have a go at brushless and I have chosen to convert a 8ight T using the Tekno V4 kit and im just looking at making a choice of motor as I am going to get the Hobbywing EZRUN Pro 150a ESC. Came accross the Leopard motors and had a little read up and people seem to like them. I was looking for a 2200kv as that seems a popular choice for a truggy but the closest Leopard motor to that I could find was 2000kv. Would that be ok? There are 2200kv Leopards on Ebay but listed as boat motors... I don't know if that makes a difference? Or is there something else that would be better? Please be gentle with me as im new to electric and have everything to get including charger, lipos, soldering iron etc....

Any help or advice would be much appreciated :)

Hello mate and welcome :thumbsup:

I've heard about the Leopard and Tacon motors, but went for the trackstar motor instead. It's not as torquey as the 2200kv but I enjoy it. Can hit 70mph on 5s and do double backflips off ramps.

It may be worth reading through this whole thread as there is loads of advice tips (if you haven't already) Cyronn has a good affordable system in his 8ight.

Last night I put my new tyres on and decided to belt them to reduce the ballooning. Took a few photos and a vid, just incase anyone wanted to do the same.

They do say sharing is caring :tease:

I've heard about the Leopard and Tacon motors, but went for the trackstar motor instead. It's not as torquey as the 2200kv but I enjoy it. Can hit 70mph on 5s and do double backflips off ramps.

Thanks for the reply Daz

70mph sounds good to me and 5-6s is what I will be looking to run. What Kv motor is it you have? 2350? Could I not gear a 2200kv up to hit similar speeds of 70mph?

Last night I finally got to fit my new tyres.

Thought I'd just post a quick guide to how I belted them to hopefully reduce the ballooning

New rubber

54096b30.jpg

Turn them inside out

9280c16d.jpg

Lay some duct tape down and roll the tyre over it (Gorilla is better, but this is all I had) Make sure you overlap the join by about 2-3 inches and smooth down.

8c70748d.jpg

When completed, turn the tyres the correct way round again.

d4e746f1.jpg

Mount on the wheel and glue and admire the achievement.

Belt002.jpg

And lastly a quick video of it in action. Guess which ones are belted? :hahadance:

Edited by Dazmania

Thanks for the reply Daz

70mph sounds good to me and 5-6s is what I will be looking to run. What Kv motor is it you have? 2350? Could I not gear a 2200kv up to hit similar speeds of 70mph?

I have the 2560kv motor in mine.

You will be able to gear a 2200kv motor for those speeds, just need mess about with pinions. This was just for a speed run mind, normal bashing I aim for around 40-45mph to keep those temps down.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated :)

Hey mate,

Have you already ordered the EZRUN Pro 150a ESC ? When I was lookin to buy my esc and motor, I did look at the leopard motor at the time but it was going to cost slightly a bit more than just going with the Xerun combo. So I decide to get the Xerun combo, which came with a 2000kv motor and 150a esc. If you went with a 2000kv motor should give you slight more torgue than a 2200kv motor, if I am right lol. Im still new to this game too tbh, either get a 2000kv motor or a 2200kv motor.

Edited by cyronn

Hey mate,

Have you already ordered the EZRUN Pro 150a ESC ? When I was lookin to buy my esc and motor, I did look at the leopard motor at the time but it was going to cost slightly a bit more than just going with the Xerun combo. So I decide to get the Xerun combo, which came with a 2000kv motor and 150a esc. If you went with a 2000kv motor should give you slight more torgue than a 2200kv motor, if I am right lol. Im still new to this game too tbh, either get a 2000kv motor or a 2200kv motor.

That's right, a lower kv will mean more torque!