• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

THE Mini Recon Thread

stretch

Hi Rich

The stock battery measures approx 100mmx30mmx17mm so yes the vapex one should fit. That charger only charges at set rate 5A, batteries should only be charged at 1C ie a 1500mah battery should be charged at 1.5A a 3000mah battery at 3A and so on. You should go with something like the imax B6 or turnigy accucell 6 which are also capable of charging lipo batteries.

Looking to get a mini recon for just a little bash around... and got a list of stuff that i hope will fit,

Motor, http://www.giantcod....r-p-406403.html

lipo, http://www.giantcod....t-p-406610.html : L-88mm W-30mm

And i have a hobbywing just stock esc that i hope to put into the truck after a little bash with stock leccies...

will this servo work http://www.modelsport.co.uk/savox-sh-0257-micro-size-digital-servo/rc-car-products/32990

what size are the tires and what arew the wheels, are they 12mm hex's?

when these tires go bald i want new ones :thumbsup: looking forward to a 1/18 basher :xd:

Edited by AlexBruv

Yeah that motor will fit but a couple of people have used that motor and ended up killing the diffs. Lipo is within the dimensions of the tray so yeah should fit. Not sure about the servo.

The MR doesn't use hexs the wheels directly attach to the axle with the use of a pin. You would need a set of 12mm hex adapters.

Hello everyone,

My servo failed and been waiting for a reply from HPI for the past week.

Given that it's going to take quite a bit of time to have it replaced under warranty I need advice on what to replace it with other then the HPI one.

I've got no idea what the max voltage should be. My logic says that it should be 7.2V (same as the battery) but not sure of it.

As most micro servos have a max voltage of 6V, although 7.2V should still be safe I don't want to take a risk so I would appreciate if anyone could help me make a choice.

Thank you

• 1 month later...

Got one of these delivered from MSUK yesterday and have been blasting around the garden with it today. It is so much fun a really quick, I bought it to use in the house but found you would need a really big house to use it. Going to do some small jumps tomorrow.

has anyone broken a drive shaft yet as i havn't seen anyone who has broken them even with bl set ups

Edited by Jumper

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I recently bought a mini recon...mainly to chase the dogs round the garden! Sadly the esc melted on its first run :( hadn't even left the patio, so no idea what happened, currently winging its way back to ms for review/replacement.

Has anyone else had this issue? Could it be something other than the esc that caused the issue? Battery?

Okay iv just busted my litte plastic pinion gear in the rear diff! Took some teeth off and split it to, are there any upgrades that are a straight swap?

You can get steel rc18t gears but i think you have to get the main prop shaft too.

• 2 months later...

recieved the mini recon today and im quite impressed to be honest. plenty fast enough for what i use it for. Just Modifying the battery tray so i can fit my 2s 2200 in there :sly:

Got a novak LVC that im going to fit aswell. well handy having a rc this size, will keep it in my van so when im on the road at work i can stop and have some fun at skate parks etc

the shocks need upgrading because the bottom part which holds the spring in keeps popping off. going to put some spacers in the shocks see if that makes any difference.

The wheels will be upgraded asap as there pretty poor quality

and the servo is abit underpowered. have trouble steering on carpet the way it is out of the box.

Will this fit? http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/109390/

Other than that im impressed with it. :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

lipo, http://www.giantcod....t-p-406610.html

Just bought one of them thanks. Anyone know if i will have too change the connection's etcetc if so what do i need? Thanks josh.

yes you will as the one on the gens will not fit the recon if it were me i would goto to deans but then you invalidate any warranty with giantshark as you are changing the connector

• 2 years later...

Thread revival!

Along with revival of my recon.....i think i haven't touched it in 12 months lol

Getting clicking from the front diff....probably need the metal pinion upgrade....will look later

i got one too, used it alittle while back.

only put the adjustable tie rod on it and converted it to lipo and brushless.

looking into doing some other mods at some point when i get a moment

i want a custom painted shell but i can't find any clear shells that will fit :(

Edited by Thunderwolf

good luck with that, the recon wheels are an odd size.

iirc you can do a hex conversion for them using rc18 parts, at which point rc18 wheels will fit aswell as the tyres.

i'm fairly happy with the tyres for now, but i am going down the modding road with it, using some custom parts such as this battery holder, made for stock and 2s batteries but i'm looking at maybe having one made to fit a 3s for some silly fast speeds (goes about 20mph now)

reconbatterytray.jpg

the wheels are also on the cards as they have a habbit of cracking so i've got this design made up also, but it shall be sized to fit stock recon with any main stream 1/18th tyre

reconwheel.jpg

Edited by Thunderwolf

• 2 weeks later...

Nice pics TW! Wish i could get out with mine....

Hey, iv noticed the front of mine sits higher than the rear and both shocks are fully extended! Is this normall or have i swapped the shocks around at some point (assuming there different lengths)?