• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Sorry for the newbie question

mouseym

Hi everyone,

Im looking at selling my 1/8th buggy and was wondering how leaving it unused for a large amount of time may affect it.

Basically, it hasn't been used in nearly 2 years, been kept safe, just a bit dusty, will it still work after all that time being unused? I would try starting it myself but have no acces to model fuel and i would be a waste buyin some for it to not work.

Thanks,

Mouseym

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk

I'd probably say you'd want to strip the engine down before you try and turn it over in case anything in there has seized or corroded over that time.

Make sure everything looks in good nick, oil it up and give it a go (suggest you dont hammer it at first either while it runs in again).

It might start first time without the work, then again it might blow up in your face so, putting a couple of hours work in is probably a good idea ;)

Did you put any oil in the engine after use?

By the way what model is it?

Nope, it never came with oil and i never thought to buy any. Its a GV Rex-x, a lower end buggy. Only ever been used 2 times.

@ Donnee, never oiled it at all, i was thinking of selling it for lower as not knowing if it works or not.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk

Edited by mouseym