• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anyone from modelsport website read this forum

Jason1974

I'm still surprised manufacturers / distributors don't send images of the products they're selling through Modelsport to the shop so they can use them.

Some do, some don't. I'm sure there must be plenty of people who've not bought something they might have but didn't becuase they couldn't see if it was the right thing or not.

• Like 1

I'm still surprised manufacturers / distributors don't send images of the products they're selling through Modelsport to the shop so they can use them.

Some do, some don't. I'm sure there must be plenty of people who've not bought something they might have but didn't becuase they couldn't see if it was the right thing or not.

my thoughts on this nailed in the above post :)

• Like 1

There ARE hundreds and thousands of products, we couldn't possibly find a photo and description for each one. :(

Errr, can't or can't be bothered? Don't worry about considering the question, it's can't be bothered.

It's about effort v's return - most places won't justify the extra effort to save the odd sale here or there. Most people will go to the effort of finding another site which has a picture on their website, then buying it from their preferred shop anyway.

Edited by Smoothybb

Errr, can't or can't be bothered? Don't worry about considering the question, it's can't be bothered.

It's about effort v's return - most places won't justify the extra effort to save the odd sale here or there. Most people will go to the effort of finding another site which has a picture on their website, then buying it from their preferred shop anyway.

thats not very fair to say they can't be bothered.

have oyu ever worked there? know what they do from day to day?

i didn't think so, for them to get every single part pictured, be it from another site or not will take time, time that most people won't have.

i didn't think so, for them to get every single part pictured, be it from another site or not will take time, time that most people won't have.

Exactly my point, it could be done but isn't. I don't care what you say, it could be done if required, plenty of websites manage it. I stand by my original statement, it's about reward v's effort(cost). I work for a retailer with an online and printed catalogue reviewed and printed twice a year. For each product, currently over 10k SKU's, we need to have photos, dimensions and spec's along with fully costed margins based on global exchange/freight rates and inter-site processing. I know what is involved and it's not easy but IT CAN BE DONE. You think modelsport is a unique business unlike any other online/bricks and mortar retailer?

Some serious accusations going about on this forum at the moment.

If you're aiming that at me then you should really get a life.

Stop being dramatic, it's a fact, and not one of those dubious internet one's that must be cos they're in capitals.

(If you're not, then I apologise and will say no more about it :whistling: )

I wasn't directly, but it got me the response I needed. The way I look at it is, you need to look at how mainstream the company is, and its size. If we were talking about say, RS Components, a massive electronics parts company, or any one similar to this, then yes, I'd say a concise parts base with pictures and more information would be expected. In a niche hobby though, I don't think so. MS doesn't have a huge number of staff members, and from what I've heard they're pretty rushed off of their feet as is! I'm sure they will have weighed up the idea - I can't see them being lazy if they want to maintain a company status. I see other RC sites that perhaps have more part pictures than MS, but these are usually just manufacturer photos, and the same goes for the cars. At least MS actually photographs the cars themselves.

I wondered if you'd spot my accusation in there? :yes:

Look, to all, not once have I said MS are obliged to provide pictures. My statement was 'it is possible' - that's all I'm saying. Whether MS have the staff, time or inclination really doesn't interest me, all I'm saying is it's not can't - it's won't! Simples. MS - do whatever you like, pictures, no pictures, up to you, but don't tell me it's impossible.

Edited by Smoothybb