• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

NLB/WLB ASBO

jimmytheone

Anyone else get a letter from St. Albans Council?

I got one this morning accusing me of running an illegal motorbike... Too funny.

Heres the letter

Fussycouncils.jpg

If you have a letter like it we should come up with the same response.

I was thinking of only mentioning the fact that i was not on a motorbike that day, and

find it hard to believe they have written a letter only on circumstantial evidence, and

mention that I'm prepared to leave the matter there if an apology in offered.

• Like 1

Think we all got those, gonna ring them next week to explain who we are what we were doing there. I won't get shirty with them, just make sure they understand we were not responsible for the motorbikes.

As you said, no evidence, just clutching at straws. I do think we should mention RC as it gives a legitimate reason for being there and adds weight to our story of no involvement with motorbikes. If RC is then banned, so be it, at least that means we were not breaking the law at the time as there are no signs saying "no RC". Although we were by the sounds of it tresspassing. Doh.

I did get one of them and binned it. It ends "if you'd like to discuss..." which I don't. we either should all just ignore it so they know they are wasting there time with such stupid letters and not even gonna have any feedback or as Jimmy suggested retaliate hard and ask for apologies

I don't think hard retaliation is going to help our cause if we really were trespassing on private land. In reality, it should be us apologizing, after all, we parked on the verge and then used someone else's land for our own purposes. None of us would like it if some pikey on a quad started riding over our back garden.

Just my thoughts.

i think ignore is the best course of action.

its a standard letter and carries no legal weight at all....parking your car near a place where motorbikes are known to run is not an offence.

I think if anyone responds it will move us up the radar with the bobbys.

unless we dont intend to bash there again...in which case let rip !

if we do want to use the spot again...my suggestion of parking cars to drop off gear then park in the layby opposite would

mean we dont attract attention .

Just shows how little communication the police have with each other...2 turned up i understand....did they mistake RC cars for motorbikes ? i do worry sometimes ! HA !

I don't think hard retaliation is going to help our cause if we really were trespassing on private land. In reality, it should be us apologizing, after all, we parked on the verge and then used someone else's land for our own purposes. None of us would like it if some pikey on a quad started riding over our back garden.

Just my thoughts.

disused land like that is fair to be used as long as its not for anything illegal or destructive...

i know its not strictly legal...but lets face it....we are all respectable responsible peeps (apart from Nosmonkey !)

Leaving no litter or damage...not causing a nuisance to the public...I would say any legal action would be pointless and costly.

Thats why the police didnt come visiting until 6.30...i watched them drive past all day (i guess the ones that visited were a bit bored)