• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Fuel

LukeAFC

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience of Model Technics "Big Bang" 25% nitro fuel?

My local shop sells it so it's convenient for me but is it any good?

My preference would have been Byrons but I cannot get it locally, I know you can get it online but it's hassle!!

I'm not questioning anyone's opinion but what makes it rubbish? Infact what makes a good nitro fuel?

I'm fairly new to this so like I say I'm not questioning anyone's opinion, just trying to learn.

some fuels tend to give off a lot of smoke all the time making you think its running rich so you keep leening it out when it fact it could be running on its limits an you dont kno also struggle to hold a decent tune with model technics

byrons on the other hand it does exactly what it says on bottle lol good smoke trail for the point its tuned to holds a good tune easier to start easier to tune and smells awesome lol

just my thoughts

MT is nasty imop/Experience so far...

Im Only running a baby 16 lump, and was running mt's 16fuel.,

it made it a pig to start, tune, it stinks and fogs, consumption sucked, Nightmare.....my mate then lent me some 16% HPI (pink colour) and its a different beast :thumbsup:

MT seems more oily to me..Maybe thats why?

Dunno but i binned the MT fuel and wont be buying it again.

Im in the same boat as the op, im struggling to find another brand of fuel locally except HPI....

I use opti, good fuel, is bit smokey but not as bad as mt, so don't tune by smoke trail.doesn't taste funny like mt and is synthetic oil I think as opposed to caster oil in mt.

My mate started with mt, had shorter run times than me, plus was smokier and more messy. Switched to opti and run times increased and so did power on the same tune.

Hpi power fuel is same as opti fuel, just different label I think