• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Speedy Models

duopkik

57 minutes ago, topcarp2 said:

last september i rang this fella to see if he could repair my radio controlled boat.. after 1/2 hr discussion i was convinced he could do the repairs i needed.. i took the boat to his shop and he wrote down everything i wanted doing and told me the boat would be finished in 2 weeks... well despite many fone calls during the 3 months he spent repairing my boat it became all to apparent he dint have a clue what he was doing and on many occasions i discovered he was telling porkys about what he had actually done so far and what in reality he hadn't.. so 3 months and 115 quid later i finally got my boat back.. excited as a fat kid in a maccy dees queue i opened what was to say the least a shabby crappy taped up cardboard box in gusto to see my nice shiny fully repaired boat.. oh dear dear me my jaw dropped. the weed guards were bent out of shape, the radio transmitter had a broken switch and the quality of workmanship was like something out of a scrap yard.. i asked this dude to put me an led volt meter set in the back of the boat.. no no no ..he'd only gone and drilled a hole in the back of the boat and run 2 wires thru to a lipo battery meter held on to boat with double sided tape ( looked like a stick on air freshner u glue to the bog cistern) to boot it wasn't even waterproof..wtf! ! electrical components and water require some degree of waterfroofness.. this clearly would go tits up the 1st time it got wet.. the hull was not even sealed all the way round and if i had put this boat straight in the water it would have sunk.. i decided to have this boat looked at by a professional boat builder and to my horror discovered the real quality ( or lack of) workmanship this bellpipe had done to my boat.. one of the repairs i asked him to do was mend the sonar device ... nah.. not a chance the new wire he had supposedly put in wasn't even soldered to the sonar device.. he had also cracked the hull in no less than 2 places and tried to hide the abortion he created by covering it in sealer.. all in all this man is a 1st class merchant banker.. cant wait till our paths cross so i can get my 2 penneth

Are you sure you didn't indicate to him that you wanted a submarine conversion ?

:D