• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Any Ipswich/Suffolk Bashers?

stretch

would it not just be as easy once we have a reg groupe to just swap phone numbers, and once we have had more meets ill be thinking about starting a mini website for us, just so we can show off cars, general info and vids etc, we may evan get more people want to join us as no every one uses fourms.

would it not just be as easy once we have a reg groupe to just swap phone numbers, and once we have had more meets ill be thinking about starting a mini website for us, just so we can show off cars, general info and vids etc, we may evan get more people want to join us as no every one uses fourms.

The funny part is, I just found the app for my phone lol

Well im easy, prob best to wait for weather report though!

agree

im hopeing its the 15th as my wife wants to come, fingers crossed that my V-dub beetle shell is here in time and fitted,

btw has any one got any thick mounting posts thay dont need as to fit the v-dub shell ill need to mount some posts on the rear part of the cage??

Edited by Redneck29

Well had my first go with the Vantage.

Wow! That was great fun. Not used to the wheel type Tx, but slowly getting there.

Tyre grip on the grass is pretty high and caused a couple of roll overs, guess that will improve as the tyres wear (and I work out how to drive it properly!!).

Certainly quick enough for me at the moment!

Think the suspension is a bit soft, but once I get the oil I'll re-fill the shocks to get rid of the air in them which may help some. I've also bought some 40wt to try too as I read a review that this works better.

Other than that, oh and the rear spoiler took a beating and now has a new shape, I'm loving this buggy!!

Can't wait to try out some other surfaces.

Now where did I put the jet wash....(kidding!)

Having seen some vids its about as quick as I expected, controlling that speed is another matter though :sweatdrop:

I'm certainly not in a rush to go faster yet without some other bits doing/tweaking. Have ordered the carbon suspension mounts, whether they're any good or not I don't know, we'll see.

Yes Needham Lake. Went to the area where they do the boot sale. LOADS of room, but not much in the way of hilly/jumpy bits, though where the gravel bits are between the grass bits there are some lumps which got me about 6" of air.

Perfect spot for some practice though. Going to have a look around locally to see whether I can find anywhere suitable for some bashing.

Having seen some vids its about as quick as I expected, controlling that speed is another matter though :sweatdrop:

I'm certainly not in a rush to go faster yet without some other bits doing/tweaking. Have ordered the carbon suspension mounts, whether they're any good or not I don't know, we'll see.

Yes Needham Lake. Went to the area where they do the boot sale. LOADS of room, but not much in the way of hilly/jumpy bits, though where the gravel bits are between the grass bits there are some lumps which got me about 6" of air.

Perfect spot for some practice though. Going to have a look around locally to see whether I can find anywhere suitable for some bashing.

I keep saying this, if you want to bash

This is the spot! Lol

Addison Way, Great Blakenham, Suffolk IP6

http://m.google.co.uk/u/m/dD5LFP

I love it there, I go about 3 times a week lol perfect for a bash

what car is it mate? the FTX?

FTX Vantage Brushless.

I keep saying this, if you want to bash

This is the spot! Lol

Addison Way, Great Blakenham, Suffolk IP6

http://m.google.co.uk/u/m/dD5LFP

I love it there, I go about 3 times a week lol perfect for a bash

Definitely want to go there, especially as its not too far away. Might have a look sat pm....

• Like 1

if you buy the new part then i would recommend boiling it in water, boil for about an hour and let it cool in the water, it will make it more flexible and resistant to crashes!

They're carbon fibre so won't be boiling it ;) but I know what you mean!

I had actually just boiled the original parts, it wasn't until I was about to put them back on that I saw the damage... :xd:

Well I will also be there tomorrow but I just don't know what time, more likely to be lunch time as my mate is coming with me and bringing his truggy :-)

I've got an opticians appointment till about 11:30 then getting hair cut back in Hadleigh so won't be there till about 1-2pm.

• Like 1

They're carbon fibre so won't be boiling it ;) but I know what you mean!

I had actually just boiled the original parts, it wasn't until I was about to put them back on that I saw the damage... :xd:

I've got an opticians appointment till about 11:30 then getting hair cut back in Hadleigh so won't be there till about 1-2pm.

Chances are, I will still be there lol

carbon will snap easier.... your better off with plastic mate, but my all means try the carbon :)

If its proper carbon fibre it is incredibly difficult to snap, but what it can do is de-laminate. Really depends on the quality of the manufacturing process. Guess we'll see as my driving won't have improved that but by the time I get them!!

Chances are, I will still be there lol

Watch out for the chap with the erratic driving!!

we may have a +1 with us at are next meet, i bumped into a old skool friend, he was running a sad looking savvy on hollywells park so i told him about are meets and i have to ring him once the date is set