• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

?revo carb factory settings

srandall47

had some problems tuning the revo,the factory settings seems way out.if i set it to what it says in the manual it overheats like anything but if turn the screws out a lot more it runs more like 240-250.but now it won't change gear.

any ideas would be appreciated

had some problems tuning the revo,the factory settings seems way out.if i set it to what it says in the manual it overheats like anything but if turn the screws out a lot more it runs more like 240-250.but now it won't change gear.

any ideas would be appreciated

These Revos are set at factory to change gear in the mental rev range. Which just results in high running temps, Now factory needle settings are fine for summer but cold temps mean richer settings to compensate.

1st/ The Traxxas engines run alot hotter than most nitros, get out there but leave the temp gauge at home, allow 5-10mins to warm itself up, start going Wide open thottle "WOT" and if it's cutting out before it gets there, richen it, if it's just not reaching the shift point then lean it using 1/12th increments maximum, as soon as it's changing gear it's fine.

2nd/ Using the 2mm allen key supplied, adjust the gear shift point by 1/8th of a turn AntiClockwise and that will take the load off the block.

Just tiny changes, unless it cuts out at WOT then go back 1/4 turn and start again :good:

Traxxas factorys setting are miles too leans on the high speed needle...I cranked mine out to about 6.5 turns for break in. (the second break in after the factory setting fried it ARGH!)

Traxxas factorys setting are miles too leans on the high speed needle...I cranked mine out to about 6.5 turns for break in. (the second break in after the factory setting fried it ARGH!)

In the coldest of winter days so far I never gone above 5 1/2turns for normal running. You're nasty to your poor TRX :D