• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

How to set (EPA)

ellmo1

Firstly read your tx instructions on how to change the values.

you know you need to adjust your EPA if at full lock on either right or left the servo makes a straining noise or the stearing components flex after the knuckles have moved as far as they can go.

On my spectrum i turn the direction i want to adjust (and hold it there - not for too long, as you dont want to damage the servo) and while in the EPA menu i adjust the EPA (usually reduce in most cases) untill the servo eithr stops making a noise or the stress is removed from the arms. I repeat this process for the other side.

Once ive done both sides i move the steering from left to right (full lock) and see if any more fine tuning is needed. Once im happy, Job done.

I Hope that helps fella :good:

Edited by SavageBez

Exactly what Savagebez suggested, but I do it the other way. Turn the EPA right down, hold full lock left/right and increase the epa until I here the servo start to buzz then repeat for the other side.

Then you can do it on the throttle, set your epa so that the carb opens fully but, isnt pulling it out of its housing.

Brakes are a hard one as the servo is always understrain, so I usually adjust so that there is enough power to stop, but its not trying to push the servo tray out at stuff

so realy if they is a buzzing noise it is under strain if they isnt its fine?

Thanks

Basically, yes. but you need to look at the entire steering assembly while you adjust the EPA, as different servos make different noises. Apply a bit of common sence .......... the knuckles will only turn so far and after that the servo is just working against the assembly.

I look how far the servo has to travel to do its job, then set the EPA at that point, then back it off 5%. some servos are always buzzing or make noise, savox's for one.

Thanks for this, I've just switched to Savox and have noticed a lot of noise coming from them even when centered.