• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

engine stock settings?

nitroazza

Right guys

In a confusion here.

Basically, as good practice, always record down what the stock needles settings are when an engine is new.

I always do this.

For my hyper .21 4port, the LSN is 5 and 1/3 Turns out from closed.

I have had a few muck arounds with tuning before, setting it back to stock settings and re-tuning, which had been brilliant.

the settings recorded, LSN - 5 and 1/3 turns out has always set it perfect, nice and rich, for leaning out...

BUT

Since ive sealed up the back plate using high temperature gasket sealant, then "stock" needle settings for the LSN have changed.

After sealing, i set back to stock settings to give it a fresh tune.

and wierdly, 5 and 1/3 turns out is now actually wayyy too lean for it to even start.

to get a nice rich setting to start from is now just over 8 turns out from closed.

so from 5+ turns to 8+ turns,, just over sealing the back plate.

is this normal???

:good:

factory settings will always remain the same. from the sounds of it there's an air leak, which is sucking in more air than it would normally get when at factory settings, so the only cure is to richen it further.

• Like 1

factory settings will always remain the same. from the sounds of it there's an air leak, which is sucking in more air than it would normally get when at factory settings, so the only cure is to richen it further.

hmm, thats what i thought?

But surely after sealing the backplate and that with high temperature silicone sealant, that would have stopped the air leak????

yes mine was doing it other day took it out put it back and stopped but the car seems to wont to rev on its own now and driving me mad a have tried lots of things and still wont stop but my clutch is dead as well so ordered a new one and seeing if that helps