• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hot bodies D8/T owners club

• 3 weeks later...

So last time I ran my D8T Tekno brushless after the packs had finished the batteries were hot.. The motor was frying hot way to hot to touch for more than a second and the esc was a also very warm. Is this a sign of over gearing or under gearing?

• 4 months later...

i have a hotbodies d8t tekno cc2200kv mamba monster 2 esc 

i like to run 4s 5s and 6s on a big fields with hills that i use as ramps  it a bashing d8t and i love abit of top end and low torque 

can any1 give me advice on gearing i currently have 48t spur with a 21pinion is this safe 

can some1 give me any ideas on recommended gearing i have a 44 46 and 48 spur available and from 12 to 22 pinion spare 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

First time seeing this since getting into the D8 line. I love it i see it as another Traxxas in ways. The good ways antway. Being so cross compatible i think ive added up over 10 models spawned from the D812. Inc Km rally cars and clone hpi apache's. 

All i knew was the D8 spawned the Vorza the fastest buggy around mayb plus only ever sung about. The D8T truggies. Then the Hpi apache rcs. So my traxxas thinking said theyll all mish mash togeher for a monster truck. Ide seen others make D8MT rcs before. But when i saw the tessman spec truggy i wanted that to be the base. 

I stupidly brought a tessman buggy roller and couldnt use its chassis or rear shaft lol. I needed the older chassis and rear shaft. I sorted it with new d812 chassis plate and HB ve8 rear shaft allowing me to reinstal the truggy rear diff. As i had the buggy diff in so the rear shaft would hook up. I have stolen the alloy servo arm from the tessman buggy saving me 30 tho. 

If i can sell the tessman buggy parts as hpi vorza upgrades i think i could keep some things as spare and still get a chunk back selling the alloy hubs, cvds and shocks on. 

Would the tessman D815 buggy hubs cvds etc suit the hpi vorza or other D8s as upgrades? 

Also am i right thinking thinking all the diffs use 43t crown gears but the buggy has 13t pinion and the truggy has 10t pinion. Is that right? If so ill have 3x spare diffs from the buggy. Plus buggy spur to play with. 

Here it is atm with apache sc front bumper and shock tower cut to brace the bumper. 

Rc monster

Savox 1280 or something 30kg servo lol. 

Hobbywing max 8 combo 

4s gensace 5800mah. 

I got the 4s lipo after looking at the tessman cvds and cups and just thought no to 6s lol. Info is dry on these i think. Unless 600 Page threads lol. But ive since noticed the Tekno mt410 cvds and cups look very similar so wish ide just got the 6s now. Oops. Mayb i can gear low for low down power for the thrills lol. 

20181109_010755_zpsnoafo5fs.jpg

Sadly the spares truck isnt in nearly as good condition but still tight and solid feel. The damage to its front arms says its durable to me though. The impacts to bite so hard into the arms should have ripped them off imo lol. I did it to revo 3.3. 

20181029_145808_zpslezuoixr.jpg

Im over the moon with my choice of rc though the more i read up the more i like it. I first liked it for the spec lol. Im a traxxas fan without the traxxas so got the next best thing i think. Also next best to Mt410 and the swb stunt truck ive wanted since a revo 2.5r

Is it right that the Tessman D815T is the D817T without tessmans name on it?

Then the E817T has diffrent chassis layout. Would the  E817 Chassis centre work with D8T ends. That might be an upgrade ide be intrested in later. E817 chassis Tessman D8t ends for a true Tekno mt410 rival lol.