• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hot bodies D8/T owners club

• 2 weeks later...

Did he tell you, you wern't getting that chassis?

I received the 2 missing chassis off the Guy. Thanks for your help djr2096!! :thumbsup: The Black version is BCE HBX Pro. Will it be as strong as the original version. I will be using this for bashing and eventually racing.

From what I understand the BCE one is a really nice chassis. In some ways better then the Hara original chassis.

That's the chassis that cought my eye when I saw your D8 on ebay! It's not a bashing chassis, so save that one for racing!!

hey,

i have one of those chassis for sale at the moment!

417tn.th.jpg

Just out of curiosity, how much you asking?

From what I understand the BCE one is a really nice chassis. In some ways better then the Hara original chassis.

That's the chassis that cought my eye when I saw your D8 on ebay! It's not a bashing chassis, so save that one for racing!!

Cheers for the info buddy!!

Hi, just bought a D8, and was very impressed with its handling at the weekend (also have a Hyper 8.5pro), A question for you guys - My preference for batteries for the receiver is a Life battery, but it barely fits in the receiver compartment, what does anyone else do for battery power, ie got any pictures?

thanks - Add me to the club please!

Hi, just bought a D8, and was very impressed with its handling at the weekend (also have a Hyper 8.5pro), A question for you guys - My preference for batteries for the receiver is a Life battery, but it barely fits in the receiver compartment, what does anyone else do for battery power, ie got any pictures?

thanks - Add me to the club please!

Welcome to the club :D! I use a nimh 5 cell, specifically this one http://www.wheelspin....co.uk/i/47964/

It was designed for one like that however some lipo's do fit without any modifications, however Ty Tessmann runs it like this http://www.tytessman...radio_tray.html

Edited by Arthyyyyyyy

Gotta say Arthyyyyyyy, You D8T is a stunner. & I'm not that fond or Truggies.

Old school buggy lover here!

I got some updates on my D8 coming soon!!

Gotta say Arthyyyyyyy, You D8T is a stunner. & I'm not that fond or Truggies.

Old school buggy lover here!

I got some updates on my D8 coming soon!!

ah, cheers. Didn't even mean to post that, thats when i started the forum. Its got a bulldog body now :D

IMG_1734.jpg

Looks nice!!

At the moment I'm wating for D8 parts to get here from the USA so i can rebuild my Trophy. It'll be a leccy vesion of what Ty Tessmann is running but with D8 shock towers. I'll be running the standed D8 body on it too.

I'm a little stuck as to weather put a Trick shell or a Bulldog shell on my D8 nitro. Really not sure yet!

Looks nice!!

At the moment I'm wating for D8 parts to get here from the USA so i can rebuild my Trophy. It'll be a leccy vesion of what Ty Tessmann is running but with D8 shock towers. I'll be running the standed D8 body on it too.

I'm a little stuck as to weather put a Trick shell or a Bulldog shell on my D8 nitro. Really not sure yet!

Bulldog i would say, looks very good in person :)

Hi guys,

Just a quick update from me!

Here's my new D8 Chassis from the US.

Just bolted on my old HPI Trophy front & rear ends.

Can's wait to get my D8E up & running!

dsc0040or.jpg

has it got trophy diffs? they don't like 6s.......... but they should be ok on 4s

Edited by Jumper

has it got trophy diffs? they don't like 6s.......... but they should be ok on 4s

Yea, the trophy uses the same diffs as the trophy. Except they use hardened internal gears.

Hi guys,

Just a quick update from me!

Here's my new D8 Chassis from the US.

Just bolted on my old HPI Trophy front & rear ends.

Can's wait to get my D8E up & running!

dsc0040or.jpg

Looks sweet, using trophy parts has been a killer combo for Ty Tessman at the mo

Yep Trophy Diffs. I 'm not gonna be running anything above 4S.

I'm not a fan of silly speed just high speed.

Yeah Tessmans D8 is going great guns at the moment. Hara is very much in the background. Wonder if he's been told to do that so that HPI/Hot Bodies can put a Tessman D8 out?

Yep Trophy Diffs. I 'm not gonna be running anything above 4S.

I'm not a fan of silly speed just high speed.

Yeah Tessmans D8 is going great guns at the moment. Hara is very much in the background. Wonder if he's been told to do that so that HPI/Hot Bodies can put a Tessman D8 out?

Hopefully, i've seen them been running prototype parts on the D8T & D8. Hopefully an update will come. Fingers crossed

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Been away from the hobby so to speak and the D8Te is still sat half complete in a box on the kitchen cupboard, sacrilege I know but I've now ordered a Savox 1256 & 1258 ready to finish this build.

Can anybody help please?

During the build I've lost the spacers for the rear lower outer hinge pin off one side, they're little plastic spacers used with the upgrade aluminium rear hubs. Does anybody know whether they're included when you buy the aluminium hubs or on a parts tree? If they're on a parts tree, what's the tree number or part number?

Better still, if anybody has any spare lying around please let me know! I think I need four for one side?

Thanks guys.

Swyped from a distant star, the other side of the Galaxy on my Slim ICS powered GT-I9100

Hey guys,

Been away from the hobby so to speak and the D8Te is still sat half complete in a box on the kitchen cupboard, sacrilege I know but I've now ordered a Savox 1256 & 1258 ready to finish this build.

Can anybody help please?

During the build I've lost the spacers for the rear lower outer hinge pin off one side, they're little plastic spacers used with the upgrade aluminium rear hubs. Does anybody know whether they're included when you buy the aluminium hubs or on a parts tree? If they're on a parts tree, what's the tree number or part number?

Better still, if anybody has any spare lying around please let me know! I think I need four for one side?

Thanks guys.

Swyped from a distant star, the other side of the Galaxy on my Slim ICS powered GT-I9100